Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 12:14 AM   #1
armaggedon51
armaggedon51 began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre reader pro
Calibre 3 not applying GTK theme (Linux Mint)

Calibre 3 on Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3 and 18.1/.2 seems to be working fine however the program does not apply the current system theming (Gtk). Previous versions were fine.

Tx
armaggedon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 12:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Read the backward incompatibilities section here: https://calibre-ebook.com/new-in/twelve
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2017, 12:47 AM   #3
armaggedon51

Ok thanks, I read the part. I would like to try that variable ;
CALIBRE_USE_SYSTEM_THEME

I am not sure how to set it up. Could show me a bit please ?
Tx
Old 06-17-2017, 01:17 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In a terminal, run

CALIBRE_USE_SYSTEM_THEME=1 calibre
Old 06-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #5
armaggedon51

I will test it more, but so far, it looks fine for me Kovid. The theme is applied correctly. The only minor anomaly is the description text, background colour of each book (right pane) which vary from book to book. It may even have been there in version 2, I don't remember. No big deal.

I get a few of those on startup but strangely not in Mint 18.1. They are just warnings.

>CALIBRE_USE_SYSTEM_THEME=1 calibre
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB

Since that variable has to be set every time I start Calibre, how can I make it permanent ? I know I can make a startup script but that's annoying.

I hope that future versions won't need this, not to regress from what we had in previous versions.

Thank you very much !
Btw really outstanding program.
Advert
Old 06-17-2017, 09:04 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If it works for you, great. But I cannot enable something that I know causes crashes. For people willing to live with the risk, the env var exists. You want to ake it permanent, just add it whatever mechanism your desktop environment has for setting env vars.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
armaggedon51

Ok then but calibre never crash on me once for years. Not related to calibre but may be helpful for others, I found this easy method to set the variable in Linux Mint permanently. Create a file in "/etc/profile.d" called "calibre.sh" which simply contain ;

export CALIBRE_USE_SYSTEM_THEME=1

Log OUT/IN or reboot. Voila.

Tx

Last edited by armaggedon51; 06-17-2017 at 02:08 PM.