Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
FredipusRex
Enthusiast
FredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Calibre 0.9.40 Win64 crashing

Is anyone else having problems with the 0.9.40 win64 version of Calibre? It's crashing on me several times a day (I leave it running most of the time).

It is crashing when idle - no server requests, no library management, just sitting there in the background.

No problems with 0.9.39 and I haven't updated anything other than Calibre lately.
FredipusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....s-occasionally
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
FredipusRex
Enthusiast
FredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Thanks, Koval. I'm assuming it was bug in the 1.0.4 iOS Reader App plugin or something in 0.9.40. If I ran those two together, Calibre crashed every few hours - if I reverted to 0.9.39, it was rock solid. I hadn't changed anything about my machine between 0.9.36 and 0.9.41 and honestly hadn't attached my iPad between those two releases. (I just run Calibre in the background 24/7.)

Upgrading to 0.9.41 and 1.0.5 of the plugin and Calibre is solid again.
FredipusRex is offline   Reply With Quote