Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #1
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Book Designer

I am new to Book Designer but it seems to do everything I would expect BUT every time I try to do a Find & Replace the whole thing crashes with the error "The exception Floating Point point inexact result"

I have upgraded and tried the various different upgrade version but all seem to have this error.

Anyone solved this one?
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:11 AM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
BookDesigner

Have you installed the latest (May of this year) update? That might help.

Haven't experienced this myself.
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
gingercat
Connoisseur

yep - I tried a few of the updates
Old 08-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercat View Post
yep - I tried a few of the updates
Did you disable EVERYTHING you run on startup and then give Book Designer a go?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:26 PM   #5
gingercat
Connoisseur

Good advice thanks - it turns out that the problem is caused by my virus scanner - Avaast.

Interestingly if I restart the scanner after I have started BD I don't get the problem.
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm using AVG Free and it has NEVER once caused a problem with any other software. The updates go smooth and I hardly ever have to restart the computer. Occasionally, I'll have to restart Eudora Pro (email).

I'm glad you have now found the problem with BD so you can use it.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:01 PM   #7
gingercat
Connoisseur

Hmm that's interesting. Stopping Avaast yesterday solved this problem. Today it doesn't. I have even closed everything else I can think of that's running in the background & that doesn't help. There is obviously somethiung unique about my configuration but I have no idea what it is.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
Can you boot up without loading in Avast at all (or is that what you've been doing) to see if that does it? I can't tell if you're saying that you started up without it or disabled it after boot...

Of course, you'd want to bring Avast in before you go on the web or open email attachments, etc...
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:56 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

if it truly is Avast, then the solution is to dump it. It sounds like it might be getting a false positive and blocking something. AVG Free is nice and simple and works very well (IMHO). I have it on our laptop, my computer, and even my mother's laptop.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #10
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Tried to install on Vista, latest version, even the MS extra stuff as in postings mentioned..still does not work in Vista missing library ocx file.
Guess it is Vista 64 causing probs?
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #11
gingercat
Connoisseur

Why not try to find out what the missing ocx file is and then get it off the net and dump it into the correct folder in Vista - Just be careful that u don't over write and existing ocx file.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:04 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

the OCX would go in system32. Might need to be registered. Not 100% sure. And ginercat is correct. Go find it (Google is your friend) and download it.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:10 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, OCX controls do need to be registered with "regsvr32"; they are COM components.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:13 AM   #14
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Hmm will give that a go soon again then.
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookdesigner