Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #1
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Debugging custom plugins

In the user manual section on developing and debugging custom plugins, it says that you can rebuild your plugin while calibre is running, then execute the updated plugin code without relaunching calibre.

After making changes to my code and saving them as described in the manual, I'm not seeing the effects of the changed code. I've inspected the plugin zip file in the calibre config directory and confirmed that the changes were in fact written to the zip file.

Is there some other action I need to take to cause calibre to reload the updated plugin? It would save a lot of development time to be able to use this feature.

G

EDIT: I'm using the demo code supplied by Kovid, and changing some items in the main.py module, in the DemoDialog.__init__() method.

Last edited by GRiker; 04-08-2011 at 01:02 PM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to restart calibre for the changes to show up.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
The exception I found to this was for the metadata download plugins. For those I found it is possible to edit the code, then re-add the plugin using Preferences->Plugins while keeping the same Calibre instance open and it does use the new plugin code.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote