Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-17-2021, 12:24 PM   #1
teresac
teresac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paper white
Calibre 64 bit error message when deleting book

I am trying to delete a book from calibre but I get an error message calibre sqlerror frs5. I’ve removed the book from the kindle app and gone into the file and removed from the calibre folder but it’s still in my book list on calibre. Any suggestions?
teresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:47 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by teresac View Post
I am trying to delete a book from calibre but I get an error message calibre sqlerror frs5. I’ve removed the book from the kindle app and gone into the file and removed from the calibre folder but it’s still in my book list on calibre. Any suggestions?
Don't delete files from the calibre library using your operating system tools. Doing so will leave an entry in the database with no matching file. Use calibre itself to add/remove files.

You may want to check under Library Maintenance for the Check Library tool which may help to fix your issue.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2021, 06:47 PM   #3
teresac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Don't delete files from the calibre library using your operating system tools. Doing so will leave an entry in the database with no matching file. Use calibre itself to add/remove files.

You may want to check under Library Maintenance for the Check Library tool which may help to fix your issue.
I always delete using the tool in calibre but that’s when I got the error issue. Never had this on my old laptop. That’s when I started trying deleting other ways (book from kindle file, book from calibre file) but it still won’t delete the file.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:48 PM   #4
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Did you downgraded from calibre 5 to a version older than 4.23?
This error generally happens in those cases.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 07:23 PM   #5
teresac

No. I knew not do download 5 so I did an earlier version. I was having all kinds of trouble getting the kindle book to load into calibre so I did an older version of kindle to match my old laptop and I had tried version 4 (not sure which one) then 64 bit (again to match old laptop). Got the issue with the kindle books loading into calibre but now have the deleting issue. Last night I had the same issue ans I removed the books out of the kindle app and I was able to remove from calibre but didn’t work today.
Advert
Old 01-17-2021, 07:25 PM   #6
teresac

I’m currently using calibre 4.9.1 (64bit)
Old 01-17-2021, 08:00 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In order to do away with the error and be able to use your library, you will need to install Calibre 5.x or Calibre 4.23. When you installed Calibre 5, the data was changed. The only version before 5 that is compatible with Calibre 5's new database format is Calibre 4.23.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 08:01 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I’m currently using calibre 4.9.1 (64bit)
You have to install version 4.23 or version 5.x in order to use your library. No other version will work.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:16 PM   #9
teresac

I’ll try uninstalling the version I have and download 4.23. Thank you.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:23 PM   #10
teresac

It worked! Thank you so much!!
Old 01-17-2021, 08:26 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It worked! Thank you so much!!
Just out of curiosity. why is it you changed from using Calibre 5.x back to Calibre 4?
Old 01-17-2021, 08:52 PM   #12
teresac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Just out of curiosity. why is it you changed from using Calibre 5.x back to Calibre 4?
I had issues with 5 and drm when I updated it on my laptop so I rolled it back to an older version. Once I did that I could remove the drm on the books I bought so I can change the title name and back the file up on a flash drive. When I went to load the program on my new laptop I knew not to load 5. I didn’t realize I had loaded too old of a version.

Last edited by teresac; 01-17-2021 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:15 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I had issues with 5 and drm when I updated it on my laptop so I rolled it back to an older version. Once I did that I could remove the drm on the books I bought so I can change the title name and back the file up on a flash drive. When I went to load the program on my new laptop I knew not to load 5. I didn’t realize I had loaded too old of a version.
I'm able to remove the DRM from Mobi, KF8, and ePub using Calibre 5 and the DeDRM version 7.0.3.

Just export your keys, delete the .json file from settings, install Calibre 5 and the current DeDRM, import your keys and done.