Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-19-2019, 03:45 PM   #31
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Damn, another problem !

As I can't use ePub books correctly, I wanted to open Comix (CBR, CBZ and PDF file), unfortunately, another problem.
When I want to apply "image-contrast", only the screen shelf is covered. The contrast, is applied as a screen part..

I'm really tired of all the problems with new "BOOX Nova Pro" for, except NOTES, does something function normally ?

I really regret my purchase.. (only one week after purchase)
* I can not recommend to anyone this device Nova Pro with clean conscience. 8 months worked to save money. For nothing. I should bet on Likebook Muse.

I stop here (last article under problems with 2.1.1, or Nova Pro in general) otherwise, I would do a new article every day what doesn't work. (such as impossible to look at the detail of books)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	problem_image_contrast.png
Views:	155
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	170796   Click image for larger version

Name:	problem2.png
Views:	151
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	170797   Click image for larger version

Name:	problem3.png
Views:	144
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	170798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nova_Problem_Contrast.png
Views:	142
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	170799  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-19-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:03 PM   #32
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
[COLOR="Red"]
When I want to apply "image-contrast", only the screen shelf is covered. The contrast, is applied as a screen part..

I'm really tired of all the problems with new "BOOX Nova Pro" for, except NOTES, does something function normally ?

I really regret my purchase..
Sorry to hear about the issues which you are experiencing with your Nova Pro. In contrast, I have been very happy with mine to date, and especially on the new firmware.

Although it would not be ideal for you, have you tried using the Nova Pro with English as the system language? Do the problems you are experiencing persist if English is the language selected for the system language?

I ask this because they have apparently realized there is a some problem when languages other than Chinese or English are being used for the system language. They are apparently working on a solution to this problem.

Also, have you tried refreshing the screen after adjusting the image contrast? I wonder if that might help to rectify the problem which is apparent in the screenshots which you uploaded...

I would also share your concerns over on the Onyx BBS page as I do not know how often they check on information posted here.

Here is a link to the BBS page if you do not already have it: http://bbs.onyx-international.com/categories

Although I can well understand your current frustrations, Onyx has been actively working to improve their software and they seem to have been listening to what users are commenting on. I can see many improvements with the new firmware. Hopefully, they will get your issues sorted out as well.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:16 AM   #33
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
- Atention to the French , Espagnol, Deutch, Swis, Czech user etc.
- 2.1.1 function without "random UI-CRASH" only with the language set English or Chinese.
* Onyx was supposed to point it out before giving it. First, it is not possible to return to 2.0.1 and it works without "crash system-UI" only in the set language of English and Chinese.
This UI crash will be fixed as soon as possible.
We are keep working to fix this bug now and the new firmware update will available later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNYO...ature=youtu.be
The link of the firmware:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WD...7dDHSptI7bnU-K
Your valuable suggestions are highly appreciated.Thank you for your patience and understanding. Boox will keep working to provide customers with quality products and service.

Last edited by Onyx Boox; 04-20-2019 at 01:32 AM.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 12:33 AM   #34
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Quote:
Damn, another problem !

As I can't use ePub books correctly, I wanted to open Comix (CBR, CBZ and PDF file), unfortunately, another problem.

I really regret my purchase.. (only one week after purchase)
* I can not recommend to anyone this device Nova Pro with clean conscience. 8 months worked to save money. For nothing. I should bet on Likebook Muse.

I stop here (last article under problems with 2.1.1, or Nova Pro in general) otherwise, I would do a new article every day what doesn't work. (such as impossible to look at the detail of books)
For this problem,could you kindly provide the books to us via email?We will try our best to fix this bug asap.
Thank you for your support.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:40 AM   #35
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Thumbs up

RESOLVED
Quote:

This UI crash will be fixed as soon as possible.
We are keep working to fix this bug now and the new firmware update will available later.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNYO...ature=youtu.be
The link of the firmware:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WD...7dDHSptI7bnU-K
Your valuable suggestions are highly appreciated.Thank you for your patience and understanding. Boox will keep working to provide customers with quality products and service.

- Indeed, the new update resolves well the problem with the crash.
- NOVA PRO function now in French without problem, or in any other language.
* The bug is totally gone.

Boox will keep working to provide customers with quality products and service.

- I must admit, that it is rare to see a company so involved in his work, with a service so reactive towards the customers. It's exemplary and very very rare nowadays.
*I owe you all my apologies for prejudice, and for judging you so quickly. Sincerely.
Thank You !

For this problem,could you kindly provide the books to us via email?We will try our best to fix this bug asap.
Thank you for your support.

- Useless. Because I found that the problem with "image-contrast" comes from the same el file, not from the Onyx reader.

- I extract the contents of the file CBR / CBZ in JPEG files and any funcion parfectamnet well.
- I tried to create my own personal CBR file correctly, and "contrast-image" it works perfectly without any problem.
* So the problem came from the book publisher CBR, not from Onyx. Once again sorry for this inconvenience.

TTS also works in French. I use "Voice TTS Vocalizer (Français)" instead of PICO.
[Voice TTS Vocalizer for download] :https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.vocalizertts

PS: Question Mark:
You were right. BOOX Nova works perfectly well. You are a wise man (thank you for your support)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image_un.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	668.6 KB
ID:	170806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image_deux.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	793.6 KB
ID:	170807  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-20-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:13 AM   #36
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
RESOLVED

- Indeed, the new update resolves well the problem with the crash.
- NOVA PRO function now in French without problem, or in any other language.
* The bug is totally gone.

Boox will keep working to provide customers with quality products and service.

- I must admit, that it is rare to see a company so involved in his work, with a service so reactive towards the customers. It's exemplary and very very rare nowadays.
I'm so glad the problem is resolved! I agree that it's amazing to have such great response. I love my Nova Pro. It's the closest to a perfect-for-me ereader I've had and I've had many.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote