Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-27-2020, 05:05 AM   #391
Peztis
Peztis began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T3, PocketBook Touch HD3 (PB632)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
I just checked, and it can indeed. By default it's activated by long-press of the menu button, but can be assigned to other buttons as well.
On my Touch HD 3 I activate/deactivate touch screen lock by pressing twice on the menu button.
If I long-press the menu button, I turn on and off the background light.
Peztis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:41 PM   #392
Krios
Zealot
Krios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five wordsKrios can name that ebook in five words

Device: Bookeen Odyssey FrontLight 2, Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Kobo Libra 2
Please, add the option to justify (align) text, every other brand has that option, only Pocketbook lacks it.
Krios is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2020, 04:56 AM   #393
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krios View Post
Please, add the option to justify (align) text, every other brand has that option, only Pocketbook lacks it.
Anyone knows if one can change this option in some file in the /system directory? I've found the file where the reader app stores its margin settings, but haven't found one for text alignment.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:46 AM   #394
tomasrei
tomasrei began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook touch lux 4
zoom images

Can you still vote? How?

Anyways - at least half of my books have maps, graphs or other images that often are very small.

I would love to see a long press to show image in full screen AND use arrows to zoom in and out to adjust the zoom.

Unfortuanatly its not very fun reading experience when you have to skip parts of it.
tomasrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 01:45 PM   #395
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Use Koreader.
Advert
Old 06-09-2020, 05:25 PM   #396
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by krotwijk View Post
Is there a option disabling the touch when reading?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
I think the latest firmware for Touch Lux 2 and 3 can do this. But only those at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
Double click the Menu button?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
I just checked, and it can indeed. By default it's activated by long-press of the menu button, but can be assigned to other buttons as well.
Ah, fantastic news. I just ordered a used Touch Lux 3 from eBay and I didn't know it could do this. I like my inexpensive Basic Lux (PB615) because I can touch the screen without triggering anything. With this feature the Touch Lux 3 gets the best features of both worlds – (books via the browser and WiFi and a non-touch screen when reading). Looking forward to it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:18 PM   #397
Lykke
Groupie

I never use the feature, as I'm in dictionary mode 80% of the time, but I can see how it can come in handy.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:46 AM   #398
NotNorm
NotNorm began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 4
This is probably a pipe dream, but it would be awesome if PocketBook had support for wireless connections to Calibre. (like the Companion app on Android)
NotNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:29 PM   #399
PERCE-NEIGE
PERCE-NEIGE began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sorry, I'm new here. Is it a thread from the Pocketbook team of from devs providing third party apps to supplement the readers?

I give my vote to Fjtorres, about "Notes". I want to have a file, or something, with my notes and highlights, the feature for sending it to vk.com or other sites is not for me. I don't use any of those sites for clipping. Would be cool to have something like a way to push snippets to a bookmarking site or to file, to save it.

I'm not very satisfied with the Scribble app, I use it, because I have no other choice, to take notes and to write texts, but it's not really convenient to use with the keyboard, and not the finger.

I don't expect something else than a very basic browser, but there are things I don't really like:
no mean to change the start page, it takes a lot of time to load, as it makes a redirection from start.obreey.com to google.com (and from here it looks toward google.fr it seems). It's too slow.
And there's no "previous" and "next" page. That's very unconvenient when browsing on the Internet.
I have no idea how to remap keys, it should be built-in, as it's a very basic function that all the browser, even the simpliest ones have.

There should be also a way to add page to an offline browser.
And to puch easily webpage from the computer to the reader.

" if PocketBook had support for wireless connections to Calibre. (like the Companion app on Android) "

+1 vote for Calibre integration.
And IFTTT integration would be very useful, Moon Reader also.

Last edited by PERCE-NEIGE; 07-12-2020 at 07:34 PM.
PERCE-NEIGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:41 PM   #400
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERCE-NEIGE View Post
no mean to change the start page
you can edit
Code:
browser_default_url=
in /ext1/system/config/global.cfg
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:45 PM   #401
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERCE-NEIGE View Post
And there's no "previous" and "next" page.
Like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr0005.png
Views:	487
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	180570  
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #402
Heim
Zealot
Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Heim knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krios View Post
This has been bothering me too.
Heim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:35 PM   #403
Nicolay77
Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nicolay77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PockeBook Inkpad Color
Question Please add text justification option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
I would like to have:
- zooming of images;
- option to justify text;
- more flexible regulation of margins and spaces betwen lines.
I second this opinion, all important features.

The option to justify text is a dealbreaker for me.

Can I at least edit the epub files in Calibre to add the justification?
Nicolay77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 05:50 AM   #404
Lykke
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolay77 View Post
I second this opinion, all important features.

The option to justify text is a dealbreaker for me.

Can I at least edit the epub files in Calibre to add the justification?
You can do this by converting the epub file with Calibre. In the conversion options, select Look & feel in the left menu, then the tab Text, then under Text justification, select Justify text. https://i.imgur.com/30J2jXJ.png

If you don't want to convert the epub file, you can edit the css file within the epub. Within the css you'll have to find the section for body text, or whichever other text you want to edit, search for 'text-align' and replace 'text-align=left' with 'text-align=justify'. https://i.imgur.com/BSml4ME.png

You can of course also use a different reader. KOreader allows you to do all of the points in the list you quote, though the number of options it has can be intimidating in the beginning. https://koreader.rocks/
Old 04-07-2021, 03:06 AM   #405
Mactire
Mactire began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini / HTC Desire Aldiko
I just got a Pocketbook Color and the minimum screen brightness is much brighter than my previous, the Touch HD 2.

I'd very much like an option to dim the light further to read at night.
Whenever I turn off the unit, the light dimms below the lowest setting before shutting down, so my guess it's possible with a firmware update.

Otherwise perhaps add a 'nightlight' feature. I can imagine a setting where the brightness bar (100% to 1%) is replaced by another, adjusting from 1% to near 0%.

Right now the Color is not usable for me at night.
Mactire is offline   Reply With Quote