Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
peyton
Enthusiast
peyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Mini 32GB
screen broken where to buy ?

Hi there,

It seems that my kobo aura hd screen just broke at the top right.. Fnac doesn't want to argue with it (i'm French, that's the french reseller) and i don't want to put it in trash bin.

Do you know where to buy a replacement one ? I didn't find on google.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton View Post
Hi there,

It seems that my kobo aura hd screen just broke at the top right.. Fnac doesn't want to argue with it (i'm French, that's the french reseller) and i don't want to put it in trash bin.

Do you know where to buy a replacement one ? I didn't find on google.

Thanks
You could try ebay.

regards

JAck
Advert
Old 03-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
There are other threads in the forum regarding screen replacements for Touches and Glos. You might find something there. Alisomething.com
Old 03-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #4
peyton
Enthusiast
peyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of light

I took a look at other thread but it's not the same display as the aura HD..
Old 03-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #5
hoichi
male solipsist pig
hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch→Kobo Aura HD
Since the screens are sold by the manufacturer exclusively to Kobo, and the Aura HD was touted as “Limited editionâ€, at least when it came out, there's a good chance you can't get your screen anywhere outside of Kobo customer care.
Advert
Old 03-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #6
peyton
Enthusiast

I called kobo today and the guy told me 'we don't repair, too expensive' you could try at an electronic store..

part is : ed068og1 (lf)-00 dtn68nav05(c215)

Can't find one on ebay/aliexpress.. :'(
Old 03-17-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
hoichi
male solipsist pig
hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch→Kobo Aura HD
Tough break, it seems. Sorry, man.
Basically, for all of us it seems to mean that if the screen breaks, you have to buy a new reader.
Not that I regret buying it, but that makes Aura HD even more expensive that we thought.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:58 PM   #8
mahtin
google this
mahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermahtin can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo h2o2, bookeen muse frontlight, resurrected. Fire HD8.
...and rest assured that your eReader's screen is durable in the face of scratches and drops. In fact, in a 360º product test, Kobo Aura HD was proven to have the most durable E Ink eReader screen.**

** An independent Key Drop Test showed ClarityScreen+ stood up to drops from 3' up to 2.4 times better than the competition.

From rest assured to Requiescat In Pace. And so it goes.
You are not alone.

Last edited by mahtin; 04-06-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: can't type
Old 04-06-2015, 11:43 PM   #9
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I doubt you'll find a screen. You'll probably be better off looking for a cheaper used Aura HD, although I'm not sure there will be that many of them around because of being sold as a Limited Edition reader and not sure the cost will be much cheaper than just getting a new reader.
Closed Thread