Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-03-2018, 01:56 PM   #16
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
the pagebreak still works just fine in an html file uploaded to the KDP, for which purpose that "Plan B" template is intended. It can't be used in an epub, because it is a Kindle kludge dating back to 2007 (and before that, I assume, on the Mobipocket platform).
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #17
jray9242
jray9242 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
Notjohn,

Thank you for posting! I used your blog to create and publish my first eBook.

For those who are interested, here are the steps I used.
  • Used Word 2010 to write the book.
  • Converted it to HTML.
  • Used Notjohn templates for the HTML to clean it up.
  • Used Sigil to create the ePbub.
  • Published book.

I am getting better and learning more and now what to streamline the eBook.

I can replace the MPB statement with a CSS call and now know how to break the current HTML into smaller chunks, thanks to this website.
jray9242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:49 PM   #18
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If you use Word, you could also try my add-in. It will create an ePUB straight out of Word for you.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote