Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-08-2010, 03:54 AM   #31
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
hi

is that email address correct, as it bounces when I use it??
I got the same email & it bounced a couple of times for me - try sending a mail with no attachment first & see if that bounces. if not it may be the size / type of any attachment you are sending. (If so try embedding the scan in a Word Doc or send as PDF)
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:56 AM   #32
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Columbus, thank you for the info, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to leave the email addy in your post. It's never a good idea to post an email address on the Net, you may be sending tons of spam their way...
Yes very good point, foolishly in cutting & pasting the info it never occurred to me. I've altered my post but that does not alter any quoted comments in other posts.

However they have such a ferocious spam filter that I have not managed to get past it yet. For their sake it would be better if they had a contact form on the website which allowed you to attach a document to. Am intending to try again today.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 05:01 AM   #33
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
hi

is that email address correct, as it bounces when I use it??
Yes it was cut & pasted exactly as they quoted & it has bounced for me when I have tried to send scan. I am going to try as suggested above.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:24 AM   #34
Perplexed1
Perplexed1
Perplexed1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Free books - SF and fantasy

Hi all

I purchase from BAEN books and have done so for several years. If you have an interest in SF and fantasy, they also provide a free library, with ebooks in a variety of formats.

I cannot recommend them too highly. I not only use their free books but buy new releases and bundles they put together at a much lower price than I would pay here in Australia. I also get access to new releases which I could only get in hardback here.

They were reasonably early into the ebook options and have over the past few years begun to offer a range of other publisher's on their site. I think they would all have to be purchased. It's a site worth visiting if you have an interest in SF/Fantasy.

Anne
Perplexed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #35
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad2 View Post
Thanks for the info on Philly library. I have a question before I join. I live in Australia and have a nook. I have joined an Aust library to download eBooks but they download in .acsm format. I can read the book on Adobe Digital Editions on my computer but can't download them to my nook. And calibre won't convert them to ePub.

I thought it might be because I haven't registered my nook. Can I register it even though I am in Australia?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Once you have it downloaded with the annoying Digital Editions junk, learning to iluvcabbages will let you convert it to whatever you want, with a bit of work.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2010, 12:16 PM   #36
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad2 View Post
Thanks for the info on Philly library. I have a question before I join. I live in Australia and have a nook. I have joined an Aust library to download eBooks but they download in .acsm format. I can read the book on Adobe Digital Editions on my computer but can't download them to my nook. And calibre won't convert them to ePub.

I thought it might be because I haven't registered my nook. Can I register it even though I am in Australia?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Hi Ad2

First thing, you need to authorise your Nook with ADE before it will recognise it. This should automatically come up as an option when you connect your Nook and open ADE. If not, it should be in one of the submenus at the top. I don't have it in front of me so I can't remember exactly where it is, but I don't think it was hard to find.

You should be able to copy across to your Nook using ADE. I have a Sony and it shows up as an extra item in the left sidebar when connected. I simply drag and drop to the Sony. It seems to only be able to do one item at a time. And a tip: when you download, set it to open rather than save.

I don't think you need to register with B&N. I tried to register with Sony and Borders when I first bought mine, but they didn't like my non-US address. Since I don't buy from their shops, I didn't bother going through with it.

Jehane
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #37
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Anne

Baen are well known around these parts. I have been reading from their free library for years, although it's a lot less painful on e-ink than on the computer. I expect that when I get around to buying my first ebook it will be through them.

Jehane
Old 08-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #38
jehane
Book addict

And thank you Almas! I happen to live in the one location in Australia that has a reasonable ebook library, but it's always good to have alternative sources.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #39
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Are the books available in mobi format for Kindle readers?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #40
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quick question for everyone who has done this: the application asks for city, state and zip. I assume you simply cross those out and fill in the country information instead? Thanks for any info.

Eric
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #41
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I would assume they need a complete address. Why don't you fill your city, postal code and state? You have states in Australia, I think?
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #42
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I just filled in country right after I filled in city and skipped state. I also skipped phone number.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #43
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I would assume they need a complete address. Why don't you fill your city, postal code and state? You have states in Australia, I think?
I'm one of those "and others." . I'm in Israel and we have just one state. Two if the peace process ever finally gets done doing what it's supposed to have been doing, but that's another discussion entirely.

Thanks.

Eric
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #44
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric11210 View Post
I'm one of those "and others." . I'm in Israel and we have just one state. Two if the peace process ever finally gets done doing what it's supposed to have been doing, but that's another discussion entirely.

Thanks.

Eric
I'm sorry, I have problems with my contact lenses and I thought I read you were in Australia. OK, very lame excuse, I know, but true.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:31 AM   #45
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I don't have a scanner, so I'll have to go to Uni tomorrow. But, I also discovered that DC public library have a non-residence card. To get a permanent card, you have to show up. BUT if you apply online, you can get a temporary card that last a month. More info here

Yes, it is a bit sneaky, but I have to see if I can get around the Geo-restrictions this way. ( Alright. I am just impatient..)
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
australia, free library, new zealand, non-us, philadelphia