Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #226
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Only ever spoke in 1 political thread back in April. Besides it isnt about winning or losing.

Its because I see things how they are. In a perfect world we should be able to talk about whatever we want in a friendly fashion. This isnt a perfect world.

The truth is every political thread gets closed because of fights. The fights are between a lot of people and not just 1 or 2. You can call that turd a rainbow if you want but it does not change the truth.

-----
Political threads do not belong on the forum in my opinion. And since it is only my opinion you guys should be able to just shrug it off and say that's just your opinion.

Just keep in the back of your mind though that the next debated political thread will most likely get closed. I wont be posting there so dont blame it on me.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #227
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
We both have opposite views on the matter.

Lets just agree to disagree. I understand what I am saying is my opinion...one which I think is true, but still just an opinion.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2010, 01:08 PM   #228
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
We both have opposite views on the matter.

Lets just agree to disagree. I understand what I am saying is my opinion...one which I think is true, but still just an opinion.
True, and I respect your keeping it civil as I know you are... At times!

If I may put in one more fact against political arguments being held in MR pages...

MR is multinational and multicultural. In all countries there are different factions. You and I are used to discussions between two or three different parties. In other places there can be fifty parties or more! How many countries are there? This can quickly lead to a tower of Babel...
So what really happens in a political discussion here is more a verbal war between countries than anything else. And it will always be that way. It's in the fundamentals of human nature...that's what patriotism does! We can't help it!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #229
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
True, and I respect your keeping it civil as I know you are... At times!

If I may put in one more fact against political arguments being held in MR pages...

MR is multinational and multicultural. In all countries there are different factions. You and I are used to discussions between two or three different parties. In other places there can be fifty parties or more! How many countries are there? This can quickly lead to a tower of Babel...
So what really happens in a political discussion here is more a verbal war between countries than anything else. And it will always be that way. It's in the fundamentals of human nature...that's what patriotism does! We can't help it!

And this is my opinion, I think that is a defeatist attitude and I think avoidance is the wrong approach if we are to be one world with the shared interest of humanity at stake.

This is as true of TRW (the real world) as it is of internet forums which mirror one another.

Without discussion and exposure (in a civil manner) we will never come together and avoiding discussing the issues simply encourages those differences and provides the environment to paint those who you disagree with as evil.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote