Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-23-2009, 03:31 AM   #1
patchymama
patchymama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just a question... if you have a mac and a kindle and calibre...

If you plug your kindle in after Calibre is opened, does it detect it? The only time calibre detects my kindle is if the kindle is plugged in and then I open calibre. I know it was not that way on Windows so I was curious if this is just a mac thing? It was the same before and after snow leopard....
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No it should be detected in either case.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #3
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
My Macbook detects the Kindle if I plug it in after Calibre is running.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Mine works either way
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
Mine works both ways
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
patchymama
patchymama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
hmmm.... any ideas why mine would not? It has always done this to me... since I got the macbook back in July! IT is inconvenient!
patchymama is offline   Reply With Quote