Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
physics@war
Connoisseur
physics@war began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to make the flipping page does faster?

Hi, I know that the page flipping spend is depended on the complexity of the file. But what is the trick to increase the speed? Can I compress the file to be smaller or so?

Oh I am having trouble to open Mathematica Pic which is converted to PDF. What is wrong with that?

Thanks
physics@war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
If you mean to say you are getting *loading* after every flip , one trick is to export the pdf file into series of jpg files each page denoting one picture , since you might be dealing with a graphic heavy file. Is this the case ?

You can also reprint /re create the pdf file without graphics that would help it a lot

If you want to flip more pages which I am sure you are not implying u can hold the button it would skip to 5 pages.
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 03:20 AM   #3
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
You could turn off the "fit to screen" option as well. It speeds up loading of scanned books.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:25 AM   #4
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If it is a complex PDF where the images have multiple layers then flattening these can help. You can do this from the PDF Optimizer in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote