Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-30-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
DolusBonus
DolusBonus began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Keypad
Help with Stylesheets > Content for New User

I have struggled to see how to link style from a stylesheet with my content.

For instance, I would like to explain how to bold text from the keyboard and would like my content to look like this:

Name:  2017-03-30_16-40-59.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  1.5 KB

Using Firebug I found the code which, if pasted into my ebook in Sigil will produce the results I want:

<kbd class="keyboard-key nowrap" style="border: 1px solid #aaa; -moz-border-radius: 0.2em; -webkit-border-radius: 0.2em; border-radius: 0.2em; -moz-box-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em rgba(0,0,0,0.1); -webkit-box-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em rgba(0,0,0,0.1); box-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em rgba(0,0,0,0.1); background-color: #f9f9f9; background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #eee, #f9f9f9, #eee); background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top, #eee, #f9f9f9, #eee); background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #eee, #f9f9f9, #eee); background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #eee, #f9f9f9, #eee); padding: 0.1em 0.3em; font-family: inherit; font-size: 0.85em;">Ctrl</kbd>

If you have not given up on me, my question is how to format this type of content correctly each time I need to use in the best way. Could someone suggest what is added to my stylesheet, how it is called when needed, etc?

Last edited by DolusBonus; 03-30-2017 at 05:57 PM.
DolusBonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't know about your inline code. I assume .keyboard {stuff} is in the css

I use the saved 'clip' feature

Code:
<kbd class="keyboard">\1</kbd>
Use of this forma of a clip will wrap the selected text
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2017, 12:51 PM   #3
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
You have to link stylesheets to html files. Right click on the html file and select 'Link Stylesheet' from the context menu.

The Sigil User Guide (available from the Sigil website), while not including newer functionality e.g. Epub3 support, is still a good starting point for this type of basic operation.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote