Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-01-2016, 01:17 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

iOS 9.3.1 released

iOS 9.3.1 has been released to supposedly fix "an issue that caused apps to be unresponsive after tapping on links in Safari and other apps."
Old 04-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Interesting. I've had the Gmail app hang up a couple of times after upgrading to 9.3. Wonder if that might be the cause?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Installed the update (only small: 29MB download) so we'll see how that goes.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:10 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Not sure. I never encountered any issues, but then I don't use Safari much as I prefer FireFox for iOS. Macrumors has a short article about it:

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/03/31/...ses-ios-9-3-1/

Quote:
Shortly after iOS 9.3 was released, a number of iPhone and iPad users found Safari, Mail, Messages, Notes, Chrome and some other pre-installed and third-party apps would crash or freeze after tapping or long pressing on a web link.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

BTW, probably unrelated, but for quite a while I've noticed a weird occurence in the Notes app. I sit outside a lot at night taking astrophotographs. I often make notes in the Notes app to remind me of what I was doing, when, and why. If I record a time, which I often do, such as 22:13:07, the Notes app will try to turn it into an URL link. Rather frustrating. I now enter times as 22::13::07 to avoid the link creation. As I recall, even using 22.13.07 will cause the time to be turned into a link. Apple really needs to fix that annoying flaw.
Advert
Old 04-01-2016, 03:44 PM   #6
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Looks like they expanded the feature that picks up words like "Today", "Tomorrow", etc, so you can click to add to the calendar, to allow more natural language.

Agree - They should let you switch it off.

I haven't had any problems clicking on links lately either.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:46 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That's odd. Just tried it, and the notes app isn't changing a time of the form 20:46:23 into a hyperlink for me. Stays as plain text.

Last edited by HarryT; 04-01-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:04 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Interesting.

"1 Apr 20:59" gets converted to a link. "21:00" gets converted to a link. "21:00:00" gets converted.

However, "21:00:01", or any value for the seconds field other than "00", is left untouched. It seems that only times that can be losslessly converted to "HH:MM" format get changed to a link.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:43 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's odd. Just tried it, and the notes app isn't changing a time of the form 20:46:23 into a hyperlink for me. Stays as plain text.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Interesting.

"1 Apr 20:59" gets converted to a link. "21:00" gets converted to a link. "21:00:00" gets converted.

However, "21:00:01", or any value for the seconds field other than "00", is left untouched. It seems that only times that can be losslessly converted to "HH:MM" format get changed to a link.
Rather bizarre! I just tested those with the same results you get. I think it used to convert all the ones I entered, but perhaps a few got left alone. Just tried using a "." rather than ":" and no links were created, so I'll use a periods rather than colons.