Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #1
Geremia
Addict
Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!Geremia rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Calibre
author → author sort ∀ books ⇒ long time!

I automatically converted he author-sort to author of all my books (~26 GB library). Why is it taking it a long time to update this? My hard drive is grinding away. Is it seriously recopying all the files and not simply just renaming them? If so, why is this?

thanks

UPDATE: It just finished as I submitted this! It clearly didn't copy 26 GB in the amount of time it took. So the database was just being updated?

Last edited by Geremia; 04-16-2013 at 11:27 PM. Reason: added update
Geremia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:06 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geremia View Post
UPDATE: It just finished as I submitted this! It clearly didn't copy 26 GB in the amount of time it took. So the database was just being updated?
I think I am in the ballpark by stating the following.

If you look at the library folder structure you would see that every author folder is named based the author field. You changed every one of those folders to author-sort so everything in your library was moved to folders with new names. The folders that said \John Doe\ I think now say \Doe, John\? That is why it took longer than just updating a database, but quite a bit quicker than copying everything.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think the good Dr has the basics down.

There is one more step that is Queued: Update the backup metadata (metadata.opf) in every folder involved (rate limited to 3 per second)

You can see the Status of this queue: Click the arrow on the Library Icon: Library Maintenance: Metadata Backup Status
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
author name, author name order, author renaming, author sort, calibre