Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
ne0rmatrix
Enthusiast
ne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverne0rmatrix exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: kobo Aura HD,Apple Ipad Mini,Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4,LG G4
Reinstalling current update?

Ok i was kinda dumb when i rebooted on the 24 of November. I had bought my kobo vox on my birthday the 23rd and was having some minor issues with it having trouble waking from sleep. They were minor and happened only a few times over about 10 to 15 hours of continuous use.

Well i had done the usual stuff like downloading apps and did do some sideloading of apps using a downloaded file manager. I have installed stuff like flash 10.2. I also installed Gingerbreak.

Now i got this nice update screen the the next day asking i wanted to update. I clicked yes. Note: I had not un-jailbreaked device. Gingerbreak was still active. After rebooting device appeared to function fine. Only small issue with wifi icon not appearing and sometimes having to stop wifi and turn it back on to start it. Well if this was only issue i would be happy. I now have a device that i have to shut down if i want it to start normally. The wake from sleep bug is now a significant problem for me. It will only wake from sleep maybe 1 or 2 times in a 100. It has only managed to work a handfull of times when return from sleep to wake. Sometimes i press the power button and the home button, last button, and options light up but screen remains unresponsive. Oh and then there is it wakes up but freezes immediately.

I have tried doing a factory reset. I then installed gingerbreak again. Then un-jailbreak it. Then did a factory reset again. Then i tried to use it for about 5 hours. Same issue with factory settings and only kepubs installed and no apps installed except the ones that come preloaded. Well I knew i should have un-jailbreak device before doing updates now anyways. But what i want to know is how to reinstall current update and firmware so that i can see if that helps? I'm of the belief maybe some files were not updated correctly due to jailbreak? Can i reapply update? How do i do this? I have reapplied updates with my touch before but not with the vox. I am extremely frustrated and want to know what to do.
ne0rmatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Same here, and I had not rooted my Vox. I followed all the instructions, but I did have an anti-malware app running.

I think doing a factory reset might be like swatting a mosquito with a cannon. I would like to try to redo the update first.

I PM'd James.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
factory reset, firmware, gingerbreak, jailbreak, update problems