Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
jacek.poplawski
jacek.poplawski began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
change screen orientation

I use newest Kindle Classic.

I found that it's difficult to read comics (like Dilbert or xkcd) with default screen orientation, but changing it is not trivial.

I need to enter menu, then go to settings, then click, then go to screen orientation, then select screen orientation then click again. Even if it sounds quick and easy - it is not, it takes time.

Is there any simpler method?
Any way to configure keys to make it simpler?
jacek.poplawski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
ja tam nie wiem, ja tu tylko sprzątam (+/- translate: no idea! I think it's the only option)
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Or from the Home screen you could press the Menu button and select Screen Rotation. That is a lot simpler.

Or from within a book you could press the Menu button and select Change Font Size. That too is a lot simpler.

[SARCASM]Perhaps if you read the manual rather than just comics you might be able to save yourself these extra, and apparently exhausting, steps.[/SARCASM]
Old 10-24-2011, 07:28 PM   #4
jacek.poplawski

I am afraid you don't understand

I know how to change screen orientation with the method you described, but it requires a lot of keystrokes, when I read news downloaded from Calibre I use standard screen orientation, but when I want to see a comic I need to rotate screen - devices like cellphones or cameras have sensor to detect orientation, kindle has not.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:29 AM   #5
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Maybe this is what you're looking for.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2011, 03:18 AM   #6
Torwan
Zealot
Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 (3G)
This is why I like buttons. Kindle3 Keyboard has a shortcut for this (the Aa-button), the newer ones have no keyboard, hence you have to navigate through menus.
Torwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:28 AM   #7
min68
min68 began at the beginning.

Device: pdf
Actually Kindle rotate is kind of stupid comparing to other ebook readers.
Other readers remember direction of every ebook, very convinience. But on Kindle you have to switch between books every time.
min68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #8
jacek.poplawski

How can you press "shift-r" on new Kindle (without keyboard)?