Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 04:02 AM   #1
nyCecilia
Enthusiast
nyCecilia began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge and PE
Browser question

Hey all,

I have this browser.apk which I believe is dolphin browser. When I go to install it, it tells me it's going to replace my existing browser, which kinda scares me.

Is this right? Should I do it? What are the pros/cons?
nyCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:27 AM   #2
Franky
Nameless Being

As far as i know, this is regarding the default. I've got the dolphinbrowser to, but i'm always abe to use the eDGe browser to. Don't worry, it can't harm.

What i did is turning of the html thing. I was reading that in this forum to. I did that because my browser constantly crashed. Now it's much better.

So, go for it. That's my reply
Advert
Old 09-11-2011, 06:10 AM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
Hey all, I have this browser.apk which I believe is dolphin browser. When I go to install it, it tells me it's going to replace my existing browser, which kinda scares me. Is this right? Should I do it? What are the pros/cons?
Dolphin browser or any other named browser will not overwrite the native browser.

I would not replace the original browser app, unless this is the one done by a forum member. The native browser allows the sending of webpage information to the eInk reader; no other one does. Might try renaming the app to see it it will not give the overwriting warning.

Where did you get the "browser.apk"?

Turning off javascript in the native browser stops it from crashing; though some functionality is lost. To navigate links requires a long press and selecting open.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
nyCecilia
Enthusiast
nyCecilia began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge and PE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Dolphin browser or any other named
Where did you get the "browser.apk"?
I thought I got it from this message board, at least a link someone posted...it was in a zip file labeled Dolphin, but inside was just browser.apk. I'll try renaming and see if it makes a difference.

I don't want to lose the existing browser at least until I figure out how to use lcd2eink.

Thanks
nyCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote