Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-29-2007, 05:43 AM   #1
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
A blast from the past

Hello all!

Wow, has it really been that long since I was last here?

Most of you wouldn't know me from a bar of soap, but I was around in the early days when the site was still Turcic.com

I've been away for *coughs* some time.

I thought it past time I stuck my head in again and said a rousing hello to all, and I must say I'm mighty pleased, and proud of how Mobileread has developed and continued to be a fantastic resource for all ebook lovers.

Great, great work Alex and all you guys!

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:56 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Craig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy to see you back... I hope you are doing well? Man, we've been missing you!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2007, 06:15 AM   #3
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey Alex, it's been a looong time.

Mainly because I don't use the PC much at home, and they blocked Mobileread with the net filters at work. But who can account for taste, eh?

I'm going to try and hang around and see how the site's matured. Having a quick look around now, it looks great! You were still working out the new forum look when I slipped away, and I'm impressed.

I'm fine by the way, just really, really busy.

And you?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:20 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Busy is good, right? Same here... relatively busy, but happy. They blocked Mobileread? Sacrilege! I suppose they are working with a white-list rather than a black-list? Or did they put us specifically on the list?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:23 AM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son

Busy good, yes.

It's a standard filter from the looks of it. I think it's spitting the dummy about the actual URL containing the word "mobile", as it claims it's a phone-related site on the denial page.

I won't let that stop me though!
Advert
Old 08-29-2007, 06:27 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett View Post
I won't let that stop me though!
*GRIN* You may also want to try to connect through our IP then.

It's really cool to see you back.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:29 AM   #7
cbarnett
MR prodigal son

Aww... shucks.

I can't make any promises, but I will make myself known a little more than I have!
Old 08-29-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hey, Craig, good to see you. I was just barely around when you were last active, so I
remember some of your posts, and I'm pleased that you've reappeared.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote