Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-25-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Warranty Repair - A question for origianal Cybook owners

I really like what I've seen of the Cybook Gen3 thus far, but am worried about warranty repair costs and wait time.

Who pays the shipping to Bookeen? How much would shipping to France cost? Are they of the "wait for individual repairs" philosophy, or will they cross-ship a replacement, with matching cryptographic signatures if necessary, that will allow you to use your purchased books on the replacement unit?

For example, the GPS maker Garmin seems to just ship out replacements immediately and deal with the broken unit whenever they get around to it. The replacements they ship may be new, or may be previously refurbished repair units. Basically, they just take a quick peek at your return unit to make sure it falls under the warranty protection.

I'd much rather be up and running with a cross-shipped replacement than have to wait an indeterminate amount of time for actual repair and shipment.

I was wondering if some of the original Cybook owners could share some of their repair experiences.
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:09 PM   #2
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
My Cybook has never broken down but I can at least tell you that Bookeen has always been prompt and forthcoming in answering questions and addressing problems from individual buyers.
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Responsive in communications is indeed a good thing. I'm just curious about expected down time if I ever have a problem with my device. I suppose I could ask them, but I figure they've got their hands full at the moment.

Its not a "deal-breaker", I'm just really curious.
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote