Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Firmware supporting pdf and drm-protected mobi files

Hi All,

I'm new here and and have a Pixelar branded Hanlin V3 reader. Basically, my problem is reading pdf and mobi files, the latter being a mixture of old prc files with no drm and newer mobi files with drm. Is there some firmware out there that handles all three formats simultaneously without having to change the firmware every time I want to switch between pdf and drm protected mobi or to do somewhat dubious things to my legally purchased/free downloaded ebooks?

Oh, I run everything off an Intel-based Mac running OX 10.5, and use calibre to manage the library.

Cheers!

Maddz
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:21 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
with no drm and newer mobi files with drm. Is there some firmware out there that handles all three formats simultaneously without having to change the firmware every time I want to switch between pdf and drm protected mobi or to do somewhat dubious things to my legally purchased/free downloaded ebooks?
Tirwal (http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...?238-Firmwares, see also the threads in this forum) will read both ePUB and Mobi with DRM and of course PDF.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Well, as there doesn't seem to be an English language option on that link, I'm none the wiser. I really don't have time to fiddle around with Google Translate.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
Well, as there doesn't seem to be an English language option on that link, I'm none the wiser. I really don't have time to fiddle around with Google Translate.
OK, direct link then: http://www.4shared.com/file/19978659...20_170110.html

It will in Spanish by default, but English is one of the supported languages (and they have called the 'Language' option by that name to make sure you can find it even if you don't speak Spanish :-))
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote