Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #31
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
A brief update: My CC has been charged for the reader. I still haven't received an email confirmation on shipping though.
Great! Hope it comes soon so you can tell all.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #32
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
As I don't bother with DRM books this might be an acceptable substitute for my EB-1150.

I don't read in bed but do like to read in somewhat low lit rooms. And of course, no glare.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #33
RainmanP
RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RainmanP has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle for iPhone
Hi, gang! I am new to this forum and found it searching for info on the Delstar Openbook. If they had been available in stores I would have bought one already. I have not ordered one yet though I still may. I gave my wife and daughter Kindles for Christmas. I am still using Kindle for iPhone, but I would like something with a bigger screen that doesn't eat up my phone battery. I wish Amazon offered a stripped down pocket size Kindle. I don't care about the wifi and 3G. I'm a big boy capable of transferring my own files.

My main purpose in posting is to add a tidbit I came across in my search. This link appears to be to a resume of the CEO of Paradigm Shifts Sourcing and Manufacturing. Just thought it was interesting.
www.linkedin.com/in/dsparrow

Last edited by RainmanP; 03-09-2010 at 02:57 PM.
RainmanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #34
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I looked through the pictures I took at CES 2010 and found this device. It had a different model number as seen in the background W950. Doing a search on Google may get us more info.

I'll also post a pic I have of the 7" reader.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #35
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is the pic I took of the 7" reader. I couldn't hold it since it was in a glass display case. I do know that it was classified as a MID.

Ellen

If these pics are too big, let me know and I'll replace them with smaller pics.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #36
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I looked through the pictures I took at CES 2010 and found this device. It had a different model number as seen in the background W950. Doing a search on Google may get us more info.

I'll also post a pic I have of the 7" reader.

Ellen
I found these links after a lot of Googleing:

http://www.ttnet.net/ttnet/gotoprd/I...3363133343.htm

http://www.ttnet.net/ttnet/gotohtm/0...3363133343.htm

they don't provide much other than manufacturer or perhaps exporter info and a photo.

Last edited by jswinden; 03-09-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #37
imaredr
Collector

Thanks JS,

I didn't come up with much either and from what I can remember I saw these in the international vendor section at CES. Most of them were from China. They had very little info since I guess they are the manufacturers looking for retailers to put their own stuff on the readers.

Ellen
Old 03-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #38
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Thanks JS,

I didn't come up with much either and from what I can remember I saw these in the international vendor section at CES. Most of them were from China. They had very little info since I guess they are the manufacturers looking for retailers to put their own stuff on the readers.

Ellen
Has yours shipped yet? I called and talked with Walgreens customer service and couldn't not get a definitive answer as to whether the item is in stock. My CC was charged the full amount the day I placed the order, so so much about waiting until they ship to charge.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #39
imaredr
Collector

No, I haven't received an email that my device has shipped. I did see something on the Walgreens' site that estimated delivery date. It said that If I ordered yesterday my expected delivery would be the 18th. So I substracted 2 days based on when I ordered and came up with the 16th. They must be using the USPS since that is a rather slow delivery date or possibly a slow processing time. The CS rep told me this morning that my order status was "processing" and that most orders are received between 5 and 7 working days.

Ellen

Ellen
Old 03-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #40
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
No, I haven't received an email that my device has shipped. I did see something on the Walgreens' site that estimated delivery date. It said that If I ordered yesterday my expected delivery would be the 18th. So I substracted 2 days based on when I ordered and came up with the 16th. They must be using the USPS since that is a rather slow delivery date or possibly a slow processing time. The CS rep told me this morning that my order status was "processing" and that most orders are received between 5 and 7 working days.

Ellen
CS service said something to the effect that Walgreens would not advertise an item if it wasn't available, but then went on to state that occasionally items are not available when ordered. I will give them a generous time of until Monday afternoon late to get it shipped. If it isn't shipped by then I will probably cancel the order. If they cannot ship within 8 days then it is most likely unavailable. I also wonder if it will ship directly from the importer in florida rather than from a Walgreens warehouse. I suspect it will ship from the importer and that is why Walgreens cannot confirm the availability.

I checked with my bank and the CC charge is actually pending as Walgreens has not processed it yet. I guess Walgreens has locked it in for when it does ship.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #41
jswinden
Nameless Being

Smile It SHIPPED

I just got the email notice from walgreens that my Reader shipped via UPS today. I'm not sure when it will arrive as it hasn't been in the UPS system long enough to register yet.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #42
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
Discover Card offers 5% cashback for Walgreens.com and eBates.com offers 4% cashback for Walgreens. That should offset the sales tax and shipping a bit on this reader.
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #43
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
I ordered one too last night and just now got the ups tracking number
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #44
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
It's going to be interesting to see what you guys think of these. I think at this point I'll standby for your reviews!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #45
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
It's going to be interesting to see what you guys think of these. I think at this point I'll standby for your reviews!
+1 ..... My big fear is that they will love it, then I will want one... and the price goes to $150.... oh well....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote