Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 03:26 PM   #1
DragonOfEden
DragonOfEden began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kobo Glo won't turn on.

Greetings!

I have a Kobo Glo HD that I haven't used in a while, but there is now a problem with it. It was frozen on the homepage so I turned it off. No problem. But now it won't turn back on! I put it on charge but it didn't respond. No lights flickering - nothing. Dead, it seems. So I left it on charge for a couple of hours and then I noticed a solid red light beneath the power button (Not sure what that means). Still, it won't turn on. I left it on charge overnight and now there is no longer a red light, and it still won't turn. I've tried holding the power button for X seconds, and used a paperclip to press the reset button. I also took the back cover off and unplugged the battery and replugged it. Still nothing. I have no idea what's wrong with it. It's it excellent condition and hasn't been dropped at all. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
DragonOfEden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try plugging it into the computer's USB port and see if that wakes it up.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:15 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
If Jon's idea doesn't work, plug it into a wall charger for 24 hours.
Even if Jon's idea works, still plug it into a wall charger for several hours or until you get the charged light.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:16 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Different cable? Just in case?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #5
Larken
Where's the backlight??
Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Kobo Glo HD
I've started having the same issue as DragonofEden with my Kobo Glo HD. I've tried everything I can think of. Two different charge cables. Paperclip in the hole. Opened the back and detached the battery. Also have the red light under the power button. Does it turn green after it's charged?

If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I'm on vacation and going nuts with nothing to read!
Larken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #6
Larken
Where's the backlight??
Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Kobo Glo HD
Well, I woke yesterday morning and my reader was responsive again after charging all night. The previous day, I had it on the charger for a few hours, but it wouldn't do anything. I'm not sure why all night charging would make any difference, but at least it's working again.

Maybe I should use this as an excuse to get the newer model...
Larken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ereader, kobo