Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-18-2017, 09:29 AM   #31
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
No, subways, but there isn't a Stephen King type dome over Springfield. With the proper documentation, we are allowed to travel some.

Springfield doesn't get much snow, too far south, it mostly gets mud and wind. A delightful winter experience. Though the Orange groves struggle, as do the alligators in the park lagoons.
Too far south?
Greenup-Springfield
Now I know about Greenup first hand.

And I have been in Texas when Dallas area has had snow, so I do not buy that "too far south".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:43 AM   #32
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Too far south?
Greenup-Springfield
Now I know about Greenup first hand.

And I have been in Texas when Dallas area has had snow, so I do not buy that "too far south".
We get SOME snow, but we get a LOT more mud and wind. I bet Greenup does too! All I really know of Texas, is Austin (What is it with me and State Capitals?). I know it's got great food, great music, a miserable summer, and rare meteorological occurrences!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #33
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
We get SOME snow, but we get a LOT more mud and wind. I bet Greenup does too! All I really know of Texas, is Austin (What is it with me and State Capitals?). I know it's got great food, great music, a miserable summer, and rare meteorological occurrences!
I'm in Texas and we get snow and cold every year. I am guessing you missed the storm season when you were in Austin.
I am pretty sure knc1 gets below freezing too.
Now my mom who lives in south Texas rarely gets down to 50.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 04:00 AM   #34
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I didn't realize the Kobo users had to hang out on a Kindle forum. I wonder why?
Perhaps because some of us own both?

I use my Kobo as my main reader, but I did get a refurbished Voyage from Amazon this spring that I use for proofreading. It does give me more peace of mind knowing that I can send books I need to proofread to Amazon personal documents and sync my highlights and notes.

But at need, I could do my proofreading on my Kobo. I'd just make sure to do corrections to the ebook more frequently, since highlights and notes would NOT be safely stored in the cloud.

Anyway, being less familiar with the Kindle than with the Kobo, I learn things here, that's why!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:27 AM   #35
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I didn't realize the Kobo users had to hang out on a Kindle forum. I wonder why?
All kinds of reasons as others have posted

I own both Kindles and Kobos and use each frequently. And for folks who use Kobos (or other non-Kindle readers) exclusively, it makes sense to check out how Kindles handle certain operations differently. More knowledge is always a good thing!
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote