Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deljah View Post
KyBunnies,

Thanks for posting these Bethany House freebies. I always like to get them. I missed getting Stealing the Preacher by Karen Witenmeyer about a week ago, so I'm trying to be more diligent about looking for these.

If anybody can lend me Stealing the Preacher, please pm!
DailyCheapReads (google for link). They always post the inspirationals. I sometime catch them and sometimes I miss them but it's a good blog to bookmark if you like to read inspirational books.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-03-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:18 PM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I win you . I keep epub, mobi and lit copy, as the original split file, so I can edit if my format tastes change (they do it).
Well I keep an epub, mobi and original source whatever format that happens to be. I also keep another copy of the original source that is untouch in another library.

My libraries are:

Free Books: These are books I got for free from any store other than Amazon.
Amazon Books: These are Kindle books I got for free
Paid Books: These are books I bought
Read Books: These are books I've read and sync with the Goodreads plugin.
2BReads Books: These are books I am interested in reading.
Next2Read Books: These are books that are on my Tablet ready to be read.
4Later Books: These are books I may read but need to be fix and converted before they go to the 2BRead library.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #63
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Same, well almost. I keep an ePub and then have either a mobi, or for more recent conversions an AZW3, copy as well in case I want to use it with a Kindle device/app.
I was using AZW3 then I just decided to delete them all and go back to old mobi. It was too much work. I originally started so I can embed fonts in the book but I then stop reading on the Kindle Fire and Kindle App so there really is no need for them. I use mobi on my eInk Kindles so I just deleted what AZW3 files I had.

My main reading device is my Nexus 7 which I use epub so I just need mobi for eInk in case it gets too sunny around here or I need to switch over to my Kindle for some reason.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #64
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
to all who replied! Guess I'll just keep my epub library then!

Now, how do I add/find that dictionary to my KPW?
Go to MYK page and from there send it to your PW.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:28 PM   #65
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I wish someone had given me this advice earlier. I used to get rid of my epubs after I converted my books to mobi (I only used a Kindle then). Now I use the Marvin app (on my iPad) almost exclusively and I find myself having to reconvert ... a lot
I still reconvert alot too. I have learned alot of techniques since I first started so I always start fresh on books being transfer over by reconverting them.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:27 AM   #66
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I still reconvert alot too. I have learned alot of techniques since I first started so I always start fresh on books being transfer over by reconverting them.
Same here...
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:31 AM   #67
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Well I keep an epub, mobi and original source whatever format that happens to be. I also keep another copy of the original source that is untouch in another library.

My libraries are:

Free Books: These are books I got for free from any store other than Amazon.
Amazon Books: These are Kindle books I got for free
Paid Books: These are books I bought
Read Books: These are books I've read and sync with the Goodreads plugin.
2BReads Books: These are books I am interested in reading.
Next2Read Books: These are books that are on my Tablet ready to be read.
4Later Books: These are books I may read but need to be fix and converted before they go to the 2BRead library.
I keep the original ones too, and my main library is not in calibre but in a database (access), more fit to my needs. I have some libraries in calibre:

* Books: Book in my ereaders/tablet
* Descartados: Books which where in my ereader, I haven't read but I keep because I can change my mind.
* Futuros: Books that will go to my ereader in some moment:
* US: Freebies from Amazon US which I haven't stored
* Smashwords: Freebies from Smashwords which I haven't stored
* Convertir: Books I have to convert for going to my ereader
* Adquisiciones: Paid books I haven't stored yet.

I think both of us play a lot with books
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #68
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I agree, all the converting to AZW3, embedding fonts, and (trying) to embed font size, was WAY too much work. I deleted all AZW3 and mobi files and just keep epub, since that's what I read on my Nexus 7 and my Kobos.

I have libraries by genre

Main (the one I started with, which is erotica and SFR)
PNR & UF
HR & CR (aka historical romance and contemporary romance)
Siren (for books published by Siren)
MM (for gay romance)
SF/Fantasy/YA (which includes zombie stories)
Kids
Other (a dumping ground for books I don't want in any other library at the moment)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #69
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Maybe one day I will create libraries. But I have not figured out how to change fonts or anything else.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #70
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I feel like such a slacker. I only have two libraries: main and Vault.

All of the books in the main libnrary are on my Sony.
Some of the books (favorites to reread and about 50 unread books) are on my Kobo mini.
All of the books in the main library and some of the books in the vault are on my Nexus.

I originally started the vault library for books I wanted to keep, but didn't feel I would reread any time soon. Over time I also moved all of my non-fiction books there. And then new/new-to-me books by authors I had moved to the vault were added there, so now not every book in the vault is one I've read as it was when I first started.

I only keep the finished ePub in my Calibre libraries. I have the original format and finished ePub in another folder.

That's the beauty of Calibre. It allows everyone to customize it to their own system. It may take some experimenting to find what works best for you. And then you can always adapt it further.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #71
Jane A
Addict
Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.Jane A 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
When you all say you have separate libraries, are you talking about Calibre? Do you mean completely separate libraries or virtual libraries? I keep playing with my Calibre libraries and wonder what other people do. Thanks!
Jane A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #72
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
When you all say you have separate libraries, are you talking about Calibre? Do you mean completely separate libraries or virtual libraries? I keep playing with my Calibre libraries and wonder what other people do. Thanks!
I have separate libraries in Calibre. The only virtual library I keep is the purchases in last 7 days for Sunday's buy report.

If I were to start keeping virtual libraries I would waste...um I mean spend even more time than I already do playing with my library rather than actually reading
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #73
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I have separate libraries in Calibre. The only virtual library I keep is the purchases in last 7 days for Sunday's buy report.

If I were to start keeping virtual libraries I would waste...um I mean spend even more time than I already do playing with my library rather than actually reading
HA! I have only one actual library but many virtual... so I understand what you're saying about the wasting - er, spending additional time...

I keep both epub and AZW3 versions of each book - actually I only keep epub if that was the original format. Since I only use my KPW, any epub I purchase gets converted to AZW3 but I don't delete the epub. I figured it doesn't really take up that much space, I never know when I might need the epub (esp since I started thinking about getting a tablet) and calibre knows the format that needs to be sent when I connect the KPW so I don't have to worry about telling it the right book to send. So the epubs are just 'there' for now.

I also have all of the original untouched downloads saved in a separate folder (and both that folder and calibre backed up to our exernal drive).

My virtual libraries are for sunday confessions (bought and read), books for my mom and son, and other sundry saved searches for various library maintenance stuff...like which books to send to kindle, or not yet published books i'm waiting on.

I also use the reading list plug-in - someone here turned me on to it, I can't remember who - so I guess I do spend a good bit of time 'playing' with my library... oh dear... I think that was part of my new year goals... less time playing, more time reading!!
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #74
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks guys for the help regarding dictionaries and formats! I'll have a go at adding the dictionaries today.

I now have 4 libraries in Calibre. "Main" is for all books I have, I have 1 for my Mom's books, and now 2 for me, 1 for my epub/T1+SSGT and 1 for my AZW3/KPW.
Blue2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #75
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I have my main library, then virtuals of EPUB (those are books I have bought) and already read (those are books with a rating and/or 0read0). I am really intrigued by the thought of the reading list. I used to convert all my books, just to make sure the kindle books were really DRMed. But that took way too much space, so I just convert EPUB now.
Sydney's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote