Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #76
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
The keyboard on the mini in landscape mode is practically identical to the iPad in portrait, so I expect you'd have no issues.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #77
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Here's a photo for you, the top keyboard is the mini in landscape and the bottom one is the full sized iPad in portrait.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #78
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Outside of the fact that in landscape the keyboard takes up half the screen, that isn't bad. The Mini's keyboard in landscape is actually larger than the full size iPad's keyboard in portrait.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #79
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Outside of the fact that in landscape the keyboard takes up half the screen, that isn't bad. The Mini's keyboard in landscape is actually larger than the full size iPad's keyboard in portrait.
Agreed. Although the extra width of the mini compared to competing 7" tablets (due both to the almost 8" screen and the 4:3 ratio) means it still has quite a few inches of screen real estate above the keyboard in landscape mode. So far I seem to be using it equally in portrait and landscape depending on what I'm doing.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #80
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I have rather large hands, but find typing in portrait mode on the original iPad quite satisfying, so perhaps typing, at least in landscape mode, wouldn't be so bad on the Mini. Then again, I'm not a touch typist. Maybe I'll just have to drag my butt over to the Apple store and try it for myself.
Almost a month since I bought mine and gave my old iPad 3 to mt wife. Typing is pretty much the same for me.

Actually, a bit easier, because in portrait mode my fingers can reach the whole keyboard and sides very well.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #81
dwdraw2
dwdraw2 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I agree. It is a shame Giz didn't add the Nook HD to their comparison, with a 1440x900 resolution it should be the best reading device among the 7 inchers, if not flat out the best reading device.

Your right! Nook Does have one of the sharpest 7" screens of the bunch. I have Nook HD+, and the viewing is fantastic when reading or viewing movies.

I don't think enough credit has been given them on their quality. Hopefully, they can recover with the right marketing.
dwdraw2 is offline   Reply With Quote