Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Too bad there's no Kindle referral program...

... where a person could get a free book for every Kindle that is purchased by referral.

I just sold another one. This time a woman has decided to purchase one for her sister as a birthday gift. The sister is a literary agent and reads a lot for work and for personal enjoyment. She mentioned how her sister travels a lot with huge manuscripts. I suggested that *if* her sister could get the books in an electronic format they could be sent directly to her Kindle.

The woman and her sister had already been looking at the Kindle online. Seeing mine in person give her that extra nudge to buy it. She's thinking about purchasing one for herself as well.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Never mind, your reward awaits you in heaven, or where-ever we go when we leave here........think of all the points you are racking up!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
... where a person could get a free book for every Kindle that is purchased by referral.

I just sold another one. This time a woman has decided to purchase one for her sister as a birthday gift. The sister is a literary agent and reads a lot for work and for personal enjoyment. She mentioned how her sister travels a lot with huge manuscripts. I suggested that *if* her sister could get the books in an electronic format they could be sent directly to her Kindle.

The woman and her sister had already been looking at the Kindle online. Seeing mine in person give her that extra nudge to buy it. She's thinking about purchasing one for herself as well.
I was thinking the same thing recently. Although, benefits aside, I've become a serious evangalist for the Kindle. I especially love the ability to search Wikipedia when I come across something I want to research a little further. I don't even watch movies without the IMDB handy, because I always find something I need to look up. So, the Kindle has become my read and research tool all in a lovely package.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Amazon does have an affiliate program where you can earn up to 10% referal on stuff. You should sign up...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...?nodeId=508504

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks BOb! I don't want to set up web links and get that deep into it. I would rather be able to give the buyer my Kindle email as a referral code and just get a credit for a free book.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Thanks BOb! I don't want to set up web links and get that deep into it. I would rather be able to give the buyer my Kindle email as a referral code and just get a credit for a free book.
They'll give you 10% for each device and book you refer. So, $36.00 for each kindle, a couple bucks for each book. Seems like you could just keep a pre-made link in your email and send that out. You don't need to post it on a web page. Here are details on creating a link:

http://affiliate-blog.amazon.com/200...0-on-amaz.html
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by flumbo View Post
They'll give you 10% for each device and book you refer. So, $36.00 for each kindle, a couple bucks for each book. Seems like you could just keep a pre-made link in your email and send that out. You don't need to post it on a web page. Here are details on creating a link:

http://affiliate-blog.amazon.com/200...0-on-amaz.html
Yeah, I saw that 10% figure in the link BOb supplied. The people who've decided to purchase after seeing mine are people I've just seen in person. Some are strangers as in this case. I haven't contacted anyone by email or through a website.

I admit, I'm lazy and I would rather take less in the form of a free book than deal with the linking stuff to get the 10% (that would be too much like having a JOB!).

I thank you and BOb for the links because even though I'm a lazy bum, someone else might be able to use the information for themselves.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Uh, I would feel like such a Kindle-lady of the evening. Always knowing my commission depended on 'making the sale'. I just love talking about it to whoever will listen, for the pure joy of it. Can you guess who never was able to work commission oriented jobs?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Uh, I would feel like such a Kindle-lady of the evening. Always knowing my commission depended on 'making the sale'. I just love talking about it to whoever will listen, for the pure joy of it. Can you guess who never was able to work commission oriented jobs?
Me too. And, I think if I was talking up my Kindle, while at the same time asking them to give me some kind of credit, well, it would lessen my credibility.

I like having "no dog in the fight" so to speak. I really don't care what type of ereader people get, as long as they get something they like.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Ebook reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Me too. And, I think if I was talking up my Kindle, while at the same time asking them to give me some kind of credit, well, it would lessen my credibility.

I like having "no dog in the fight" so to speak. I really don't care what type of ereader people get, as long as they get something they like.
EXACTLY!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Actually, the best sales people say that it's nothing more than talking enthusiastically about a product. If you LOVE the product it makes it that much easier to do.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:59 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

I have actually received referral bonuses from Audible.com and ING for referring people to them. It helps if both parties receive something. Audible was giving both of us one free book, ING, gave me $10 and the other person $25 for signing up.

I didn't approach people, they were asking me about the services and if they were interested I'd tell them about the bonuses. To this day if someone refers me to something cool, I ask if I can help them get some kind of bonus for my referral.

As long as there are no high pressure tactics and both parties get something out of it, I'd have no problems trying to use it. Of course this would mean, in regards to Amazon, that I would get a free book and the other person would as well. Two books @ $20 total is less than the 10% affiliate program bonus. I think that would be a good deal for Amazon.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Now, I could totally see myself in a Kiosk somewhere demonstrating Kindles to the curious. I think they sell themselves, once people see the neat features and ease of downloading, and are told of all the neat free booksites available. They would still have to go home and order thru Amazon, but at least I"d have the fun of demo-ing them........
Old 07-10-2008, 12:39 AM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
They would still have to go home and order thru Amazon, but at least I"d have the fun of demo-ing them........
Not if you have a laptop with you!
Old 07-10-2008, 12:49 AM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

See? If you were closer we could set up our own business!