Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Touch & Page Numbers

I'm noticing some really weird behaviours with my Kindle Touch and display of page numbers. Books on my KK that display page #s in the bottom status bar don't display page #s on the Touch. Is anyone else having similar issues or know what the issue is with this?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
touch the upper part of the screen to show it. If it's still not showing, make sure you still have the APNX file.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
touch the upper part of the screen to show it. If it's still not showing, make sure you still have the APNX file.
Thanks shinew....what's the APNX file?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Thanks shinew....what's the APNX file?
that's how kindle(3 & later) correlates the ebook's location info to it's paper book version.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/APNX
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:21 PM   #5
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
that's how kindle(3 & later) correlates the ebook's location info to it's paper book version.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/APNX
Thanks. I'm waiting for the Touch to finish indexing before I can check to see if the APNX files transferred over too. I used Calibre to send all my books to the Kindle.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #6
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Thanks. I'm waiting for the Touch to finish indexing before I can check to see if the APNX files transferred over too. I used Calibre to send all my books to the Kindle.
While you are waiting you can check your Calibre settings to see if you have the option checked.

BTW, is it just mine or does it take the Touch a really long time to index?
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #7
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
While you are waiting you can check your Calibre settings to see if you have the option checked.

BTW, is it just mine or does it take the Touch a really long time to index?
Where in Calibre do I check the settings for page numbers?

I think to index about 320 books took 7-8 hours on my Touch Wi-Fi.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Where in Calibre do I check the settings for page numbers?

I think to index about 320 books took 7-8 hours on my Touch Wi-Fi.
Yeah mine took over 15 hours for over 800 books. To check your settings look under Preferences - Change Calibre Behavior - Plugins - Device Interface Plugins - Kindle 2/3 Device - Customize Plugin Button (on bottom) - make sure send page number information when sending books is checked.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Yeah mine took over 15 hours for over 800 books. To check your settings look under Preferences - Change Calibre Behavior - Plugins - Device Interface Plugins - Kindle 2/3 Device - Customize Plugin Button (on bottom) - make sure send page number information when sending books is checked.
Does this Calibre plugin work with the Kindle Touch? I transfer the book and the APNX file, but only the location shows on the KT. It works on the K3, so I know the settings are right.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #10
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Does this Calibre plugin work with the Kindle Touch? I transfer the book and the APNX file, but only the location shows on the KT. It works on the K3, so I know the settings are right.
The is exporting to the Touch, but I am not sure if the Touch is actually reading them, I have not actually gotten around to reading or opening books, I have to wait to receive my replacement Touch.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Update:

I checked my Calibre settings for this plugin, and they are correct. And I also verified that the APNX files were all transferred when I sent all my books to my Touch via Calibre. But it appears that none of the page # information is coming over via the APNX file.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Post your question on the forum for the plugin, sorry I am new to this plugin also so I am not sure what is supposed to happen but those apnx files do not work in k4pc either.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #13
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Post your question on the forum for the plugin, sorry I am new to this plugin also so I am not sure what is supposed to happen but those apnx files do not work in k4pc either.
Was just about to do just that when your message posted!