Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
If the subfolders were in the format "Lastname, Firstname", one could simply sort them by one click in any file manager. One can, however, click inside of a subfolder (where all the books of the same author are placed) and get a sorting according to title (as the filename is in the format "title - firstname lastname" (here the order of the name components does not disturb, as they are at the end of the string).
You don't care how Calibre keeps it's filings, because you are not supposed to be peeking under the skirts.

The semi-legitimate way to peek, is to select a title and press "O" to open the containing folder. Where ever it mat be, whatever it may be named.

Maybe I have grown used to a simple ASCII sort, where , Z sorts before a .

Since I don't write the code, my input has as much weight as a speck of dust in the desert
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #17
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
my input has as much weight as a speck of dust in the desert
Ah!, But, - a single raindrop raises the ocean.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #18
Coleccionista
Connoisseur
Coleccionista began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Refloat incoming

I didn't noticed before that accented chars are sorted last which makes the alphabetical order a bit confusing.
So Amos Oz is listed before Kenzaburo Oé, I don't know if the sorting is looking only at the ASCII code of the letter but I'd say that for most languages the following should be true while sorting:

Code:

a = á = à
e = é = è
i = í = ì
o = ò = ó
u = ú =ù
In this day of Unicode and with calibre localized to different languages I am quite surprised since I imagine Python would have support libraries for all kinds of international / unicode sorting
Coleccionista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #19
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coleccionista View Post
I didn't noticed before that accented chars are sorted last which makes the alphabetical order a bit confusing.
So Amos Oz is listed before Kenzaburo Oé, I don't know if the sorting is looking only at the ASCII code of the letter but I'd say that for most languages the following should be true while sorting:

Code:

a = á = à
e = é = è
i = í = ì
o = ò = ó
u = ú =ù
In this day of Unicode and with calibre localized to different languages I am quite surprised since I imagine Python would have support libraries for all kinds of international / unicode sorting
This is a surprisingly hard problem. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=101104 for some discussion and a poll.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote