Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 05:54 AM   #31
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
as a hardcore skier you had me totally flumoxed
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:56 AM   #32
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
He's a chicken. Wearing a suit.
IS THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU PEOPLE??????
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 05:57 AM   #33
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3 G 3G (<-lol)
@kindlekitten
I could barely ski to save my life. In the event of a life-threatening situation where skiing might just save ones' life, it would be absolutely safe to say I would be better off not skiing.
ski_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:08 AM   #34
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_power View Post
@kindlekitten
I could barely ski to save my life. In the event of a life-threatening situation where skiing might just save ones' life, it would be absolutely safe to say I would be better off not skiing.
I'm so totally bummed ;o(. as a hard core skier and instructor I thought a soul buddy had appeared. ahhhhh well
Old 08-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #35
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Hey, I dont mind learning. :P Then I'd be true to my name. But they don't make enough snow in NC
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 06:28 AM   #36
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
I was quite taken by the cover of "The Mystic Christ" by Ethan Walker III. There was nothing about the illustration within the book so I emailed the author. He said it was from a 19th century German book which he no longer had. He had no other information. I asked Mr Google too, and even he couldn't help.

I see a lot of myself in this avatar - sweet, holy, innocent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mystic Christ book cover.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	56017  
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #37
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I'm so totally bummed ;o(. as a hard core skier and instructor I thought a soul buddy had appeared. ahhhhh well
Last time I went skiing I broke my collar boneafter a nasty fall. I skied a lot as a youth now I'm more into running

Remember when you had the ski-picture avatar.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:26 AM   #38
ski_power
Book eater

@thinkpadx : Now that's definitely NOT a good way to entice new people to start ski
Old 08-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #39
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Better that we do no try, kk. they would call the firemen!

But if you like to banter about skiing I am game. Two episode. You start. This is the lounge eh?

Performances, records, episodes, whatever.

Mind you, out of competition, I once wrote Souvenir of Constantinople on the snow with just one try. You being a Lady and an Officer can surely appreciate that. There is a trick to it.

Last edited by beppe; 08-02-2010 at 07:46 AM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #40
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_power View Post
@thinkpadx : Now that's definitely NOT a good way to entice new people to start ski
Not unless you want to get a ride in a piste machine

thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #41
ski_power
Book eater

Ride IN that thing, or Ride IN FRONT of that thing?
For some strange reason I thought it was alive and chasing skiiers downhill (like the bulldozer from "Cars")
Looks menacing actually
Old 08-02-2010, 09:02 AM   #42
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I like Marvin. Although I was not terribly impressed with their interpretation of him in the movie, it is still not too bad.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #43
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
Last time I went skiing I broke my collar boneafter a nasty fall. I skied a lot as a youth now I'm more into running

Remember when you had the ski-picture avatar.
that is actually me. it will probably be returning soon
Old 08-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #44
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
My avatar says "Free Tibet" - because it's not, and the world is not interested.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:32 PM   #45
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
It's a portrait of the Librarian at Unseen University!

Last edited by wodin; 08-02-2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Spelling error
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote