Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 03:42 AM   #1
alandr
alandr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Global
How to reinstate book delete warning

Hi
My first post here!

When I deleted a book, it warned me it was about to delete, and I stupidly ticked the box to say don't warn me again. Now I wish I hadn't! Is there any way to reinstate the warning? I checked Preferences and cannot see it in there.

Thanks in advance.
Alan
alandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It is in the gui.py file. Standard Cautions apply.
Preferences: Advanced should get you close to figure it out from there
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
alandr

Many thanks.

Last edited by alandr; 12-25-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:52 AM   #4
alandr

Slight problem. I changed the entry OK and I am certain I changed it correctly (see below), but it still doesn't prompt me when deleting a book. Any further ideas please?

# confirm delete
# Confirm before deleting
confirm_delete = True
Old 12-25-2009, 03:38 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Did you restart program/computer?
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 04:12 AM   #6
alandr

Yes I restarted program and then rebooted. I have now deleted the app, removed the Application Data/calibre folder and reinstalled and it works fine. Funnily enough the confirm_delete setting now shows as False, but it does now warn me. So I think that is not the correct setting to control lthe warning.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:52 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Delete the file dynamic.pickle (that controls this setting, not the gui.py file)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:06 AM   #8
alandr

Many thanks