Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
EnginerdLisa
EnginerdLisa began at the beginning.

Device: none
ebooks from library

Can someone explain to me what I need to do in order to be abl eto read ebooks from my library, the one i want is in mobipocket format. I have tried reading through the forums, but I get really confused by the instructions that I have found.
EnginerdLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
You need to provide the library with your Kindle's PID and then use the command line tool kindlefix.py to update the MOBI/PRC ebook file. The PID can be found by using an old version of Windows MobiPocket Reader, or by running another python script. The best source of information is How to make Igor's script work.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Installing Python is often a road block to using Igor's scripts, but Python scripts can be compiled into .exe files that run on Windows without Python. I have not used them, but Google for kindlefix.exe and you will find compiled versions. They are usable just like the original Python versions (still on the command line). I suggest putting them in the same directory as your ebook, and then issue the command:
Code:
kindlefix.exe MyBook.mobi V176CXM*FZ
where "V176CXM*FZ" should be replaced by your Kindle's PID (it will also have a "*" in it).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote