Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-03-2008, 11:28 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Smile Good Morning all

Totally resistant to ebook readers, but the Kindle has changed my mind. I am anxiously awaiting its arrival.....y para tempvs.....buenas dias! No hablo mucho espanol, pero puedo entiendar poquito. Y tu ingles es mas bueno de mi espanol!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi! Welcome! Sweetie, you are gonna wonder why it ever took you so long to jump on the e-reading bandwagon! I hope your Kindle arrives quickly, and that you have a wonderful relationship with it.

There's tons of Kindle users here, so just jump on in and start reading and posting. Also, tons of free books at this website to download.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hi there Dixie Gal....thanks for your warm welcome! At the ripe old age of 59, I've been a confirmed and voracious 'paper' reader all my life, getting much satisfaction from just the feel of a book in my hands. I never thought I would ever want an e-book......but the thought of having 200 plus books at my fingertips is just too tempting. I'm sure I'll love it, did a lot of research and found the con's didn't really apply to me......I just want to download and read books! I am really interested in downloading free copies of my favorite authors, Agatha Christie, James Michener, and many others. This will be another learning lesson for me. Unfortuantely, I also know myself well enough to realize that now, waiting in line at the library for my turn of the newest Chiaverini or Cornwall is about to come to an end. Instant gratification, here I come!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi desertgrandma and welcome to the Forum. I used to feel like you about print books but the Sony with all its convenience has really changed my mind. Be sure and let us know how you like your Kindle when you get it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello desertgrandma
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Hiya! I love your username Do check out the books here (under, BOOKS, surprise!). Select MOBIPOCKET as the type (unless they list Kindle there too by now). There are a number of old books that are still quite good. Enjoy! I love my Kindle.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello DesertGrandma and welcome to MobileRead. I signed up here in January just about the time I placed the order for my Kindle. It arrived in mid-February and I've been thrilled with it since. Not only can you purchase books from Amazon, but anything in Mobipocket format (well, those without DRM protection) can be read on your Kindle.

For classics, there are many (and I do mean Many) books available for download (free, no less) here at MobileRead. You can jump straight to the book listings at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php or click the "E-books" link in the blue menu bar under the logo.

Then, if you didn't find enough books to read, amble on over to Feedbooks (http://www.feedbooks.com) and ManyBooks (http://manybooks.net) and grab even more free books. If you're a fan of pulp fiction, one of the best sources is Munsey's at http://www.blackmask.com/

Oh yes, I forgot to mention two sources of excellent science fiction. First, Baen offers many of their titles for free at http://www.baen.com -- and you can buy even more Baen titles at WebScription eBooks (http://www.webscription.net). Steve Jordan is an SF author who frequents these forums. He offers one of his titles for free at his website -- http://www.stevejordanbooks.com/ -- and an amazingly low-priced bundle of the rest of his novels.

From time to time, you'll find postings about special deals and free books to be found elsewhere. You'll want to keep hanging around here at MobileRead. Be sure to let us know how you like your Kindle when it gets there.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:48 PM   #8
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Greetings desertgrandma! Welcome!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote