Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur
PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, KSO, Nook, iPad
Fictionwise Transfer Process - Missing Books

I'm trying to download all of my Fictionwise books and have found that LOTS of them are "missing" in that they are visible in my online bookshelf, but won't download. I keep getting "not available" errors, or a message saying that there is a "difficulty communicating with the retail site."

Am I alone in this, or is it a symptom of a wider problem? So far I have found 26(!!!!) books that I cannot download, and that I don't seem to have a copy of anywhere else, even though the system says that I downloaded them in February of this year.

Really frustrated with all of this, at Fictionwise specifically. I didn't have any trouble at all with my eReader books.

Since the deadline is approaching, I may have no choice but to "opt in" to the transfer and hope that everything carries over to my B&N account, though I can't say that I'm holding my breath.
PocketGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
This happens when Fictionwise no longer has an agreement to distribute ebooks from a particular publisher. This happened to all of my Random House titles about two years ago. Fictionwise was very apologetic at the time, but as they pointed out, they specifically stated in their terms that all titles needed to be downloaded within a week of purchase, so I was SOL.

However, I am happy to report that once the B&N transfer went through on my account (took 2 or 3 weeks from the time I got the original transfer code), they put all of my unavailable from Fictionwise Random House ebooks on my B&N account. As soon as that happened I immediately downloaded each of them and have them all backed up now.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur
PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, KSO, Nook, iPad
Really? That's fantastic news!

I have already checked and none of my "missing" books are listed as being untransferrable on the B&N site, so maybe they will come back after all.

Thank you for your answer; sounds like I need to stop driving myself crazy and just push the magic "opt in" button.

Did you have both Fictionwise and eReader accounts, and did the process go smoothly for you? Sounds like some folks have had real problems getting their codes.
PocketGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I only had a Fictionwise account. I can't say it went terribly smoothly, when I first got the code only 9 of 218 ebooks transferred over. 2 or 3 weeks later, I checked again (based on updated info I had read in this thread), and found that almost all had transferred. I think perhaps 10 did not, but I haven't checked what they were as I had all of my other Fictionwise purchases already downloaded and backed up. I will eventually (before this year is up) take the time to replace all of the Fictionwise secure ereader titles I have with fresh ePubs from B&N.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote