Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #31
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I tried pulling the back cover off first to see if pressing that reset button from the inside back would work - it did not. AND I broke a nail pulling the cover off! I hope I don't have to do that again!!!

The menu option factory reset worked for me (where you go into settings, privacy, factory reset - can't recall if that's the right order, but it's in the privacy menu somewhere...). Easiest and hassle-free...

Last edited by pokee; 11-30-2011 at 03:01 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #32
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I tried pulling the back cover off first to see if pressing that reset button from the inside back would work - it did not. AND I broke a nail pulling the cover off! I hope I don't have to do that again!!!

The menu option factory reset worked for me (where you go into settings, privacy, factory reset - can't recall if that's the right order, but it's in the privacy menu somewhere...). Easiest and hassle-free...
Had the same problems, did a factory reset and now my Vox is working fine I didn't need to take the cover off
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #33
wilbrich
Connoisseur
wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo (original), Sony Tablet, Sony PRS505
Sorry about the nail. I'm another one with the flashing error message too quick to read. Had to do a factory reset to fix it. My battery was not dead. But like a whole bunch of others in another thread, waking from sleep is now a problem. I hope the Kobo guys and gals are doing double time these days. We need a fix real bad.
wilbrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #34
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
We're always doing double time, we're pushing triple time these days

We are trying to diagnosis this issue, and it is a top priority for us.
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #35
SoulTrain
SoulTrain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
For the record, and to close the loop on my problem, the software factory reset did work, as far as bringing back the "top" android bar. Vox is working now, as far as I can tell.

One issue that I noticed, though, is that while the factory reset states it will erase all downloads, personal info, etc, when I started back up I found that all the downloaded files were still on the device. Makes me wonder how secure the factory reset was on the one I took back to Future Shop a while back.
SoulTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #36
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulTrain View Post
For the record, and to close the loop on my problem, the software factory reset did work, as far as bringing back the "top" android bar. Vox is working now, as far as I can tell.

One issue that I noticed, though, is that while the factory reset states it will erase all downloads, personal info, etc, when I started back up I found that all the downloaded files were still on the device. Makes me wonder how secure the factory reset was on the one I took back to Future Shop a while back.
Yep...I commented about that, too, after my factory reset. Lots of my files were still there. I think it only resets all the system files and installed apps...some folders are not affected!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #37
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Speaking of nails, is anyone else having trouble getting a Micro SD card out of the slot? I can only get it out using a knife blade or tweezers.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #38
wilbrich
Connoisseur
wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.wilbrich is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo (original), Sony Tablet, Sony PRS505
Yeah, I hear ya. Kinda got to push it in with your nail then slide it off and let it pop out a bit. But for us big finger guys, it's still tricky.
wilbrich is offline   Reply With Quote