Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Cybermidas
Enthusiast
Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Cybermidas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle opening book at start of reading page

Hi All,
This forum had been a great help to me even before I bought my Kindle. However a recent problem i noticed. actually its not recent, i just noticed it right now.

Whenever I open a new book, it opens from the first page of reading. I have to go back to see the title, contents page, foreword, cover page etc...

Is there any way to make kindle open the book from its cover page?
Cybermidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
This have been discussed to dead (sorry if it doesn't sound polite). This the way in which the Kindle opens the books, because the cover is not actually part of the book in .mobi file, but the metadata. The Kindle opens the books from the starting point set by the publisher/creator. It's that simple.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The opening page is set when the book is created. I believe you can't set it to the cover, even if you format it yourself (just the way the .mobi format works). You can always do "Go to Beginning" of the book, when you open it. I don't care about covers, but I often do a page back, at least, in case I missed a preface, or something.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote