Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
quite a few Nook covers on sale at B&N B&M stores - August 2011

I don't know if this is a really good and/or time-limited sale or not, since I don't stop in at our nearby B&N B&M store much (at all). My apologies in advance if these things are on sale all the time, and since it appears to be mostly an in-store thing, YMMV! But, if you're looking for a Nook cover, there were a bunch on sale yesterday at our local B&N store, so it might be worth looking at your local store.

I just bought myself one of those $169 Buy.com Nook Color refurbs, and I passed the B&N store on my way home from the dentist last night, so I stopped in to look at available covers. I expected them all to be quite expensive - and they were - but about half of them were on sale, varying from 30% to 75% off. That brought many down into what I consider to be a reasonable price range. And, surprisingly there were some nice ones on sale too, not just the obviously dorky ones - although the 75%-off ones WERE pretty dorky. And, there were covers on sale for several different models - Nook Color, Nook Wifi, that new small Nook...

I got a nice serviceable zippered neoprene cover for $15 (half off $29.95) and it included a free "tassel" to hang off that funny corner cut-out...not that I'm going to use that.

I took a quick look online, and there are only a few covers, not nearly as many, on sale online, so I suspect this is a B&M store extra-stock clear-out sale, but still, I was happy with the savings I got.

Last edited by sufue; 08-25-2011 at 11:22 AM.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote