Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
tasha326
tasha326 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ
Smile Just got my Pocketbook IQ!!! Slide me not working

Sweet I Just got my pocketbook IQ today and did not even order it till almost the 13th! Amazon is fast lol! It has 2.0.3 firmware uploaded on it already so thats nice and saves me the trouble. I just saw someone posted a file with an updated version of the firmware and its so tempting but i think i will hold off on rooting it unless you guys seem to think it would be a good idea. I just dont want to lose everything if they ever do the 2.2 upgrade for android.

My only problem I am having is that slidme will not open at all its already 4.0 it says the app slideme marketplace(process.com.slideme.sam.manger) has stopped unexpectedly) Please try again. then force close

Also I have a question about being able to get e-books from the libary? How does that work and am i cable doing that with the IQ?

Thank you so much in Advance . I am very happy with the IQ so far!
tasha326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha326 View Post
Also I have a question about being able to get e-books from the libary? How does that work and am i cable doing that with the IQ?
Yes, it works quite well.
You can use the OVERDRIVE MEDIA CONSOLE.
http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc/
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
tasha326

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Yes, it works quite well.
You can use the OVERDRIVE MEDIA CONSOLE.
http://www.overdrive.com/software/omc/
Sweet thank you!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
tasha326

[QUOTE=tasha326;1338355]

My only problem I am having is that slidme will not open at all its already 4.0 it says the app slideme marketplace(process.com.slideme.sam.manger) has stopped unexpectedly) Please try again. then force close

ok I got slideme to work but only if i have an sd card in. Does anyone know why that would effect it if you can not even save them to the sd card?
Old 01-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha326 View Post
ok I got slideme to work but only if i have an sd card in. Does anyone know why that would effect it if you can not even save them to the sd card?
My experience has been that downloads do, in fact, go to the SD card by default.
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #6
goodereader
Banned
goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Many, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Pocketbook, Sony etc.
Slideme their MAX app, always seem to try and save to the SD card, the pandigital Novel is like that as well with trying to install or even open the application.
goodereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:02 AM   #7
tasha326

Quote:
My experience has been that downloads do, in fact, go to the SD card by default.

Oh ok thank you!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:13 AM   #8
tasha326

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodereader View Post
Slideme their MAX app, always seem to try and save to the SD card, the pandigital Novel is like that as well with trying to install or even open the application.
Yea if i dont use the sd card it will not even open. I was using the one from my phone but i went and bought a new one. All seems to be working now.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:48 AM   #9
goodereader
Banned
goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Many, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Pocketbook, Sony etc.
Good thing their cheap enough to get a 2GB one, although this may be paving the way for the super SD cards we saw at CES that went up to 64 GB
goodereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #10
tasha326

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodereader View Post
Good thing their cheap enough to get a 2GB one, although this may be paving the way for the super SD cards we saw at CES that went up to 64 GB
yea they are pretty cheap i got a 4 gig mico sd with the adapter thing for like 12 dollars at walmart. So not bad at all.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #11
slowpoke
slowpoke began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 701
PB 701 - Wizard

Hi.

This device is driving me crazy, probably because I have no smart phone background. I don't seem to be able to do anything (except set the correct time)

The User Manual, in step 3 after "getting started", "Follow the Wizard instructions to customize the main parameters. After finishing the customization a Main Menu will appear". Perhaps if I can get this Wizard to appear I will be able to get the PB working for me.

How can I get the Wizard?
slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:04 PM   #12
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
Hi.

This device is driving me crazy, probably because I have no smart phone background. I don't seem to be able to do anything...
First things first: make sure you have the latest (dec 10) version of the firmware.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:26 PM   #13
slowpoke

Quote:
First things first: make sure you have the latest (dec 10) version of the firmware.
Yes, latest firmware shown as installed.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #14
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
Yes, latest firmware shown as installed.
I am not sure what is not working for you?

What do you see right now on your IQ?

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #15
slowpoke

Pocketbook 701 - Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
I am not sure what is not working for you?

What do you see right now on your IQ?

Cheers
I turn on the book - opening page is always "Thank you" , etc recommending update software - then seven apparently meaningless letters appear - then green background with lady bugs. I unlock and get a bluish screen divided into three sections. Top section shows books last opened, the middle section shows six icons, e.g., library, notes, dictionary, the bottom section shows the covers of three Bookland books. No response from any of the icons. Press the menu button and five icons appear at the bottom of the screen: search, notifications, settings, add and wallpaper. The setting works.

Very grateful for any advice, Hiaig.

Tags
pocketbook iq, slideme