Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-01-2009, 08:16 AM   #16
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Jelby,
Thanks for the info. I have already opened it but it really, really looks complicated to do by hand. I've done a small bit of html coding but no xml/xhtml, and I wouldn't even know how to start. I'll look into it more.
Bob
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 AM   #17
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

HarryT,
I agree it is a firmware problem, but with jelby-type formatting it seems that the firmware problem can be gotten around at least for the TOCs. Other aspects of 'Sylvie and Bruno' cannot be accessed by my Bebook - for example with links between the list of illustrations and the images. With my PC AdobeDE, these links work.

I guess I much prefer the mobi format compared to epub for most novels because of the ease of production using Book Designer and Mobi Pocket Creator, as your tutorial made so accessible to beginners like me.
Bob
Old 09-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, until Jinke make hyperlinks work in ePub files, you are probably better off with the Mobi versions of books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Harry, What bodcdy wants is for your Haggard omnibus editions in epUb to be redone so the external ToC is multilevel. That way, he won't need the non-working internal ToC. And I do agree having a multilevel external ToC would make the book better regardless of the internal links working or not. It means (for example on a Sony) that I could use the external ToC to see what page a given chapter starts/ends.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm afraid that's not going to happen - at least in the short term. If anyone wishes to create a multi-level TOC for them and re-post, they are very welcome to do so.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #21
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
This is probably due to Hanlin's ADE not following hyperlinks in ePub. The 1st level TOC is an ePub TOC, but the 2nd level is just hyperlinks on a standard page. I think 2-level ePub TOCs are possible, and would be handled by Hanlin's ADE ePub, but the lack of hyperlink capability is a serious oversight in the ADE port and I am surprised that Adobe "certified" the Hanlin port.
If it should not have been certified that should be reported to Adobe so they can apply pressure to get this fixed.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It applies to all Jinke devices, both 6" and 5", including the new Hanlin V5 (and almost certainly its clone, the Astak EZ Reader Pro, too).
Old 09-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #23
bobcdy
Fanatic

HarryT,
I wasn't really asking for you to redo the Haggard Omnibus ebooks - after all, you did the same volumes some time ago in prc. I guess what I was requesting is for new epubs to address the multilevel external links as JSWolf suggested. Of course, I don't know how to do this because my knowledge of producing epub stops at Book Designer and Calibre. I certainly don't know how to do epubs by hand, although I probably will work on learning how.
Bob
Old 09-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #24
bobcdy
Fanatic

Using Calibre to convert the Haggard prc omnibus, I found under the Table of Contents page of Calibre, that checking the 'Force use of auto-generated table of contents' box, led to an odd but usable level 1 catalog that is usable on Bebook. The catalog lists the 3 volumes and then in the different chapters of each volume, that is (vol1) chapter 1, chapter 2...(vol2) chapter 1, chapter2... etc.

There's also an option in Calibre to set the level 2 TOC but I don't know how to insert the proper filter expression for the ebook.
Bob