Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 08-03-2006, 07:21 PM   #16
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
THJahar: Has Jinke given you any indication what their plan is with the samples and distribution? Are they providing samples to potential distributors, or influential reviewers, or people who asked nicely? Have you heard anything about when they expect the final software?

Thanks for your info so far!
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #17
THJahar
Zealot
THJahar is on a distinguished road

Device: Jinke V2 Prototype
I have the same information as you guys. I was able to sweet talk a sample out of them. But be aware that none of the extra functionality is currently working, it's essential nothing but a reader at the moment. (No notes/Mp3/bookmarking etc.)
THJahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #18
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by THJahar
I have the same information as you guys. I was able to sweet talk a sample out of them. But be aware that none of the extra functionality is currently working, it's essential nothing but a reader at the moment. (No notes/Mp3/bookmarking etc.)

Honestly, that's all I want ;-P How's the battery life? Have you gotten a chance to test that?
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #19
AndrewLB
Senior Wrangler
AndrewLB began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, want Kindle 3
How's the feel of the plastic? From the pictures is looks pretty low quality, to be honest.

Also, how well does the bookmarking and whatnot work?
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:31 PM   #20
THJahar
Zealot

well unfortunately we had a 'minor technical issue' and the V2 has to be shipped back for replacement.
I'm not particularly upset as it was a sample and these things happen. Jinke did get an engineer for me on IM and we had a nice chat to see if we could rescue the device without returning it.
For my sins (since i was rushing to work, it was 9am for me and 4pm in China) I didn't get to quiz him about the release of the device or anything at all. (kicking myself)
Old 08-10-2006, 04:47 PM   #21
THJahar
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLB
How's the feel of the plastic? From the pictures is looks pretty low quality, to be honest.

Also, how well does the bookmarking and whatnot work?
Well the plastic is sturdy although I have to admit it's glossy surface is indeed a fingerprint magnet. I think the impression that it's cheap comes from the glossiness as a european styling ethos pretty much dictates matt black/grey.
As for the bookmarking unfortunately that wasn't implemented in this software revision.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:10 PM   #22
THJahar
Zealot

Well My replacement V2 has arrived. It's got a minor software update (the battery level now displays)
I'm going to test it's battery longevity first, see how many hours I get.
I'm then going to try and track down the reasons for it's lock ups on specific pages of wol documents (i'll try creating all the different types of doc it can read, then check if there are any unusual characters)