Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
Hmm... the $10 for $20 Amazon.com Gift Card promo came through...
Thanks for the heads up. Link added to OP.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I think it's great you're keeping a running tally of the adjusted KSO price, but just to be a stickler... you can't really subtract the entire $10 (for the first offer in the OP) from the price of the KSO, now can you? You did have to purchase a book to get that $10 credit.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-01-2011 at 12:09 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathieu View Post
Yep, I just took advantage of this one.

I'm a long time lurker from way back and was still using my original Kindle 1 I bought at launch.
Hey, welcome to the group.

Glad you're taking advantage of these offers. I'm doing the same and my KSO is now down to $94. Eventually, it'll be free.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #19
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Ah! I really wish i could afford the kindle now to take advantage of all offers. I guess as i wait ill be able to see if the offers stay this good or if eventually gets a bit lame.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I think it's great you're keeping a running tally of the adjusted KSO price, but just to be a stickler... you can't really subtract the entire $10 (for the first offer in the OP) from the price of the KSO, now can you? You did have to purchase a book to get that $10 credit.
I can, because it was a book on a gift list that I was going to pay full price for anyway.

If I take advantage of any offers for items I had no intention of buying, I won't take any discount off the KSO. I'll just consider the discount as savings on the item purchased.

Thanks for bringing that point up, because it needed to be made.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:15 PM   #21
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Yes this sounds like it's the way to go for the wifi model for now on. Ads are not in any way hindering your ability to read books and you get some nice offers as well!
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey
I can, because it was a book on a gift list that I was going to pay full price for anyway.

If I take advantage of any offers for items I had no intention of buying, I won't take any discount off the KSO. I'll just consider the discount as savings on the item purchased.

Thanks for bringing that point up, because it needed to be made.
Fair enough! Carry on.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:21 PM   #23
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Yes this sounds like it's the way to go for the wifi model for now on. Ads are not in any way hindering your ability to read books and you get some nice offers as well!
I agree. I would buy it based on this:

Quote:
You can also set your personal Kindle Screensaver Preferences from your Manage Your Kindle page, to give us hints on the style and types of sponsored screensavers you prefer. For example, you can indicate that you'd like to see more or fewer screensavers that include elements such as landscapes and scenery, architecture, travel images, photography, and illustrations. Together, AdMash voting and Kindle Screensaver Preferences help us select the most attractive and engaging sponsored screensavers to display on your Kindle.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #24
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
This would be a good thread to be stickied. I see it being updated regularly like the free books thread. If people see what offers are being made they might be more willing to buy this version.

Just a thought.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #25
luvmy4brats
Connoisseur
luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle
Another offer that should be coming within the next few weeks is 50% off an Amazon lighted cover (I saw the ad while poking through the system files last night)
luvmy4brats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #26
majmac
majmac began at the beginning.

Does anyone know whether the advertisments are country-specific? That is, if I buy this version of the Kindle and use it in Australia will I get American ads?
majmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #27
luvmy4brats
Connoisseur
luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majmac View Post
Does anyone know whether the advertisments are country-specific? That is, if I buy this version of the Kindle and use it in Australia will I get American ads?

Kindle with Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers is only available in the U.S.

So yes, you'd only get U.S. ads (and I'm not even sure you'd be able to take advantage of the offers out of the country)
luvmy4brats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #28
emathieu
emathieu began at the beginning.

Device: K3 w/Special Offers, iPad, iPhone 4, K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy4brats View Post
Another offer that should be coming within the next few weeks is 50% off an Amazon lighted cover (I saw the ad while poking through the system files last night)
Thanks for the heads up! I didn't order the cover with mine, as I was still doing research as to which cover I was going to purchase. I've decided on the Amazon lighted cover, and was going to order it tonight, but I'll hold off a bit now and wait for the 50% off offer to pop up.

Thanks again!
emathieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:12 AM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

New offer. I pulled my Kindle out after midnight and noticed a new screensaver. My Kindle was in sleep mode with WiFi off. Yet, they still pushed the offer onto my device. How considerate of them.

Now to the offer:

$1 for an album in the Amazon MP3 store (choose from over 1 million albums priced between $1.01 and $9.00).Maximumn discount is $8. Offer must be claimed by May 8, 2011 and redeemed by Aug 8,2011.

Once I take advantage of this offer, I'll subtract another $8 off the purchase price of my KSO; which will bring it down to $86. Still on track to a free Kindle.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #30
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
luvmy4BRATs dug into the firmware and found that there are offers preloaded on there. It sounds like there is a timing mechanism for their release.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote