Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #31
tstorey
Not a Junior...
tstorey began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, PC, MacBook Pro
I've only had my Ipad for 1 week. After looking at a few cases, I too opted for the Apple Case and have had no reason for regrets. Nice and light, does the job and is designed properly for the job.
tstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #32
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
I got the hot pink Piel Frama leather cover with snap closure. I like the leather and it seems to protect my iPad nicely, BUT I have found two small areas where the leather actually cracked open on the edges where it works back and forth all the time. Very annoying. I probably will get back with cases.com where I ordered it to see if there is anything they can do for me. It is very lightweight.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #33
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I started out with a silicone case paired with a neoprene sleeve. This works and I still use this combo on occasion. I now have the Apple case (book style) and while I like the form, I've noticed that it picks up fingerprints and dirt very easily.

My dream case is the Oberon one- but can't bring myself to drop $130 on an iPad case.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #34
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
Otterbox Defender Case , put it on after 3 weeks of using it , and it's never come out since then , i don't even notice the weight now.
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:57 AM   #35
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

I used so many cases and end up with Chinao case. It is thin, light, and looks really neat. It won't collect dirt as the Apple case. There are black, brown, red, blue, and even orange color. I myself use the brown one. See video review here:

http://appaddict.net/2010/09/19/vide...case-for-ipad/

It's only US$33 in Thailand, cheaper than in eBay.
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:44 AM   #36
just_kev
just_kev began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
I use this one and I think it is great
just_kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:12 AM   #37
bthoven
Evangelist
bthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enoughbthoven will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just to highlight a small tip when choosing a new case.

If you've jailbroken your iPad (or intend to), you may want to use the Activator feature.

The activator feature allows you to swipe in several fashions for controlling your ipad. For example, swiping from below the screen up to the screen to close the running application, instead of pressing the home button. This will let you avoid using the home button too often (and thus save the home button from breaking too early). In this case, you should choose a case which won't cover all the area surrounding the screen display.

For me, I use Activator to:

- close application and return to spring board : by swiping from below screen at right corner up to the screen
- put iPad to sleep mode: by swiping from below screen at left corner up to the screen
- put the running app into background mode: by swiping from below screen near center right up to the screen
bthoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:16 AM   #38
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
I used a Marware eco-envi at first because I wanted to use the iPad "naked" (it's heavy enough as it is) and protect it with the padded leather sleeve. But then I found the BookBook case from Twelve South and fell in love with it
It just looks great and feels great holding it - even if it makes the iPad even heavier
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #39
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthoven View Post
. This will let you avoid using the home button too often (and thus save the home button from breaking too early). In this case, you should choose a case which won't cover all the area surrounding the screen display.
Can this be verified that utilizing the button too much makes it prone to breaking ?
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #40
kate36
kate36 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ive seen a leather case with a built in keyboard which looked quite nifty.

Cant remember where i saw it but it was about $50 if i recall correctly.
kate36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:27 PM   #41
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kate36 View Post
Ive seen a leather case with a built in keyboard which looked quite nifty.

Cant remember where i saw it but it was about $50 if i recall correctly.
ThinkGeek has them: http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/cell-phone/e65a/
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #42
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I was using the Apple case for a short while, but got fed up with any stray crumb or bit of fluff working its way under the case where it overlaps the top. I was going to make a slip case (but that has now become a hat!), and I finally caved in and got the BookBook from Twelve South (in red - which is mostly black with red corners and patches on the spine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerg_Mosthaf View Post
I used a Marware eco-envi at first because I wanted to use the iPad "naked" (it's heavy enough as it is) and protect it with the padded leather sleeve. But then I found the BookBook case from Twelve South and fell in love with it
It just looks great and feels great holding it - even if it makes the iPad even heavier
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #43
devastat
devastat began at the beginning.

Device: Reader
Im using a case from UK called Snugg iPad case (the most sold iPad case on Amazon UK), and have been really happy with it for the past 4 months.
devastat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #44
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
I just got an iPad last night and am busily shopping for a decent cover (and must begin to learn to use the darn thing!). I've never had an Apple device although my wife and kids use iPods and iTouches... and I help support them in the PC world.

First, thanks to those who supply a link to cases they like... and it's even better when the link works! Kudos to those who also post pics!

The keyboard case from thinkgeek sure looks interesting. I'd like to see how it closes up.

Has anyone considered these two cases?
AYL slim

Cyber Acoustics

I like how the case does not intrude onto the bezel and the multiple viewing option.

They get good reviews there, fwiw.

Last edited by speedlever; 12-06-2010 at 12:27 PM.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #45
Mirrorlike
Connoisseur
Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
how do you guys spend so much on cases? I just got some random $20 sleeve at best buy, and it works great.

Mirrorlike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, cover, ipad, protection