Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
Snafu
Snafu began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
OS X software

I have been looking for something to translate rtf to html on osx, so far the programs I have found couldn't create html that was readable on my cybook. So I am curious are there any OS X users out there ? What do you guys use to translate between different formats ?
Snafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
RTF -> HTML?
Try textedit or textwrangler.
Those are simple text editors, (I code websites in textwrangler), but they have good exporting/modifying capabilities.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #3
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
First off.. love my macbook pro.

Second, love my sony reader.. havn't read this many books since I was a kid.

I use that lib500 app for converting files to sony format, but I think it will convert to html as well. I run it native in osx
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
How about OpenOffice? I haven't tried it myself, but I know that Microsoft Office can easily input RTF files, and equally easily convert to HTML (save as web page, or something like that). OpenOffice may or may not have that feature too.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
You didn't mention which version of OS X you have. In version 10.4, a command-line utility called textutil was introduced. It will convert back and forth among various formats. I know it works with rtf, html, txt and doc. There may be others.

To get details about your options, just type textutil and hit return. The very basic syntax for conversion, in your situation would be:

textutil -convert html /Path-to-file/filename.rtf
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2008, 02:40 AM   #6
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
How about OpenOffice? I haven't tried it myself, but I know that Microsoft Office can easily input RTF files, and equally easily convert to HTML (save as web page, or something like that). OpenOffice may or may not have that feature too.
NeoOffice can do that.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote