Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #46
arrivedercifrog
arrivedercifrog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 ,Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmeuZ View Post
Thank you very much for the fast patching.

On my Kobo Aura One with the fw 4.6.9995, the patch to "Preserve PDF pan position across page turns" doesn't work, even though it was working fine with 4.4.9349.
Can someone else can confirm this?
I also confirm (KA1)

When page is changed by sliding bottom menu it works
but when swiping or tapping to change the page it doesn't work :/
arrivedercifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:52 PM   #47
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
GeoffR, a question.

In the search (Cyrillic keyboard) it is necessary to indicate the name of the author or work with a capital letter. If you specify with a lowercase - does not find.

Is there something that can be fixed? Earlier so was not the same.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:12 AM   #48
SaraOliveira
SaraOliveira began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
what was the last version that `Preserve PDF pan position across page turns` worked well?
Most of my files are pdf, so I really need this function
SaraOliveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #49
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
GeoffR, a question.

In the search (Cyrillic keyboard) it is necessary to indicate the name of the author or work with a capital letter. If you specify with a lowercase - does not find.

Is there something that can be fixed? Earlier so was not the same.
Sorry, I don't know how to fix this. Kobo have messed up the search function in this firmware version, there are other problems too, not just with Cyrillic. For example, the search no longer matches an ordinary space to other whitespace characters such as non-breaking space.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:41 AM   #50
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrivedercifrog View Post
Hi there!
First of all, Thanks for all the hard work <3
but I was wondering something;

The `Allow download all in Browser`
patch is still missing in this version does it still not work for this firmware also? Or is it not necessary anymore?
Still missing. The browser download function changed a lot in firmware 4.5.9587, and I haven't found how to update the patch yet.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:55 AM   #51
arrivedercifrog
arrivedercifrog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 ,Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraOliveira View Post
what was the last version that `Preserve PDF pan position across page turns` worked well?
Most of my files are pdf, so I really need this function
it worked for 4.4.9349 but I don't recommend that firmware since it makes battery life pretty awful.
Also I didn't try 4.5.9587 and 4.6.9960 so I don't know if it worked with those.

Instead use KSM08 and koreader you'll get a much better pdf experience.
arrivedercifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:27 AM   #52
SaraOliveira
SaraOliveira began at the beginning.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrivedercifrog View Post
it worked for 4.4.9349 but I don't recommend that firmware since it makes battery life pretty awful.
Also I didn't try 4.5.9587 and 4.6.9960 so I don't know if it worked with those.

Instead use KSM08 and koreader you'll get a much better pdf experience.
Thank you for your response.
I'm using Kobo Glo. Can I use KSM08 and koreader ? If yes, how?
SaraOliveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:59 AM   #53
yevgeny.bezman
yevgeny.bezman exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveryevgeny.bezman exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveryevgeny.bezman exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveryevgeny.bezman exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveryevgeny.bezman exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveryevgeny.bezman exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveryevgeny.bezman exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveryevgeny.bezman exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveryevgeny.bezman exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveryevgeny.bezman exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveryevgeny.bezman exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Aura HD
The `Custom font sizes` patch doesn't seem to honor the maximum font size on my Kobo Aura HD.
The minimum font size works fine, though.
yevgeny.bezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:53 AM   #54
GeoffR
Wizard

`Custom font sizes` - fix for AuraHD/H20

I've updated the attachment to post #1 to fix a problem with the `Custom font sizes` patch that affected the AuraHD and H2O. Here is the new patch, in case you want to copy/paste instead of downloading the attachment again:

`Custom font sizes`, firmware 4.6.9995, libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Custom font sizes`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
## Changes the range of sizes on the font size slider so that there are more of
## the small sizes and fewer of the large sizes.
##
## With this patch enabled you will not be able to select the very large font
## sizes, but will be able to make finer adjustment to the smaller sizes.
#
# Font sizes depend on the device's screen resolution. Unpatched, the sizes
# increase in steps of 1 from the smallest size up to size 22, then in steps
# of 2 up to size 50, then in steps of 4 up to the largest size:
#
#  AuraOne:    18px - 194px (55 sizes)
#  GloHD:      14px - 150px (48 sizes)
#  AuraHD/H2O: 12px - 150px (50 sizes)
#  Glo/Aura:   12px - 122px (43 sizes)
#  Touch/Mini: 12px - 90px  (35 sizes)
#
# The example replacement values in this patch result in the following ranges,
# with increases in steps of 1 from the smallest size up to size 44, then
# steps of 2 up to size 68, then steps of 4 up to the largest size:
#
#  AuraOne:    18px - 132px (55 sizes)
#  GloHD:      14px - 112px (54 sizes)
#  AuraHD/H2O: 12px - 104px (54 sizes)
#  Glo/Aura:   12px - 88px (50 sizes)
#  Touch/Mini: 12px - 80px (48 sizes)
#
# Start with this font size: (AuraOne, GloHD, Others)
replace_int = 9FAE36, 18, 18
replace_int = 9FAD02, 14, 14
replace_int = 9FACE0, 12, 12
#
# Add font sizes in increments of 1 until this size exceeded:
replace_int = 9FAD1A, 21, 43
#
# Continue from this font size:
replace_int = 9FAD22, 22, 44
#
# Add font sizes in increments of 2 until this size exceeded:
replace_int = 9FADA6, 49, 67
replace_int = 9FADC2, 49, 67
#
# Continue from this font size:
replace_int = 9FADC8, 50, 68
#
# Add font sizes in increments of 4 until this size exceeded:
# (AuraOne, GloHD, AuraHD/H2O, Glo/Aura, Touch/Mini)
replace_int = 9FAE34, 195, 132
replace_int = 9FAD00, 150, 112
replace_int = 9FACE4, 150, 104
replace_int = 9FAE50, 122, 88
replace_int = 9FAE4C, 90, 80
</Patch>
Old 12-07-2017, 03:55 AM   #55
GeoffR
Wizard

`Increase delay before clock is replaced by reading progress`

When the reading footer menu is opened a clock is displayed at the top left for 3 seconds, before being replaced with the reading progress percentage. This patch increases the length of time the clock is displayed to 5, 7, or 10 seconds.

Firmware 4.6.9995, libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch:
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Increase delay before clock is replaced by reading progress`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
# 3 sec --> 5 sec
replace_bytes = A67642, 40 F6 B8 31, 41 F2 88 31
#
# 3 sec --> 7 sec
#replace_bytes = A67642, 40 F6 B8 31, 41 F6 58 31
#
# 3 sec --> 10 sec
#replace_bytes = A67642, 40 F6 B8 31, 42 F2 10 71
</Patch>
Old 12-10-2017, 05:35 AM   #56
rudgas
rudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy bluerudgas can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo mini/Glo HD
Thanks for that patch! It always anoyed me a little bit that the clock was replaced that fast.
rudgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:11 AM   #57
Giraffe
Giraffe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Kobo glo update help

Kobo have updated my glo to 4.6.9995 and it has ruined all the setup. I'm not very technical but would be grateful for advice in downgrading to the previous settings.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 05:50 AM   #58
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
Kobo have updated my glo to 4.6.9995 and it has ruined all the setup. I'm not very technical but would be grateful for advice in downgrading to the previous settings.
You chose to sync. Kobo did not ruin anything. Just wait and there will be another firmware you can get via sync.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:49 AM   #59
Giraffe
Giraffe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You chose to sync. Kobo did not ruin anything. Just wait and there will be another firmware you can get via sync.
I did not choose to sync - this was not enabled. So when I said ruin I meant it has lost everything - as though I had just bought it. Surely this can't be right.
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:37 AM   #60
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
I did not choose to sync - this was not enabled. So when I said ruin I meant it has lost everything - as though I had just bought it. Surely this can't be right.
There is a possibility that your database was corrupted and when your Glo restarted after the firmware update, reloading the database from storage exposed the corruption and triggered a factory reset. This would erase all content on the internal storage and require you to go through the setup as though it was a new device.

Unless you have been backing up your database, there is no way to recover your information from the Glo.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote