Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #16
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Old, non-front-lit eReaders. Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos and Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by urliyis View Post
Dusted off my old PRS-T1 the other day and charged it up. I had forgotten how much I liked these Sony readers! The contrast between the screen and text is striking, much more contrast than some of my new ereaders (kindle and kobo).
It looks to me that Sony's quality control was much higher – or that they expected higher quality from their component providers. I'm also impressed with the quality of Sony screens (even the old ones, like the PRS-505 and PRS-300 which, spec-wise, weren't supposed to be all that good). Also the quality of the batteries seem to be much higher quality than their competitors of the same era. (Or maybe they just had better software that preserved the batteries better?) At any rate, the build quality Sony Readers was very good.

Last edited by issybird; 12-05-2018 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Spam links redacted in quoted post.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #17
Ghitulescu
Evangelist
Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: PRS-T1
The default fonts of all PRS-T models are extremely readable.
No need to recourse to external fonts if one is not forced to (there are differences in the unicode scope across the T series, so if one needs eg Chinese or Arabic or even Latin suppl., one had to use custom fonts).
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:09 PM   #18
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Old, non-front-lit eReaders. Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos and Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
The default fonts of all PRS-T models are extremely readable.
No need to recourse to external fonts if one is not forced to (there are differences in the unicode scope across the T series, so if one needs eg Chinese or Arabic or even Latin suppl., one had to use custom fonts).
I think tastes in fonts differ. I like them darker than what the Sony uses, although customizing the screen format helps a lot with the native fonts. I think DejaVu Serif E-Ink makes a great "Sony" font.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote