Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Looking for this book

Does anyone know where I can get an e-book copy of "Kalki" by Gore Vidal?

I remember reading it years ago, and loved the arrogance of the subject matter......Thanks!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Does anyone know where I can get an e-book copy of "Kalki" by Gore Vidal?

I remember reading it years ago, and loved the arrogance of the subject matter......Thanks!
Sorry... I assume you searched all the known ebooks stores. I requested it as a Kindle book from Amazon. Not sure how/if that happens. But, considering it is available from Penquin and they do do ebooks you may want to email them and request it. It may be in the pipe line.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sorry... I assume you searched all the known ebooks stores. I requested it as a Kindle book from Amazon. Not sure how/if that happens. But, considering it is available from Penquin and they do do ebooks you may want to email them and request it. It may be in the pipe line.

BOb
Thanks PB. I may have to break down and buy a paper version.......agony!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks PB. I may have to break down and buy a paper version.......agony!
It's $12 (YIKES!) at Amazon, but they say only one in stock.

BOb
Old 10-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
It's $12 (YIKES!) at Amazon, but they say only one in stock.

BOb
SILLY BOY!! Look at the used versions....I can buy a hardback or paper back for 1 cent......with only $3.99 shipping, thats still $4 for a used hardback....and a few of those are in very good condition........
Advert
Old 10-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
SILLY BOY!! Look at the used versions....I can buy a hardback or paper back for 1 cent......with only $3.99 shipping, thats still $4 for a used hardback....and a few of those are in very good condition........
True... but your probably better off at the library if you are willing to get a used one. Personally, I do NOT buy pbooks any more. Excepting programming and computer books. And even those I usually buy as ebook (PDF) if I can, it's cheaper, I can search in them and I am usually reading them while at the PC.

BOb
Old 10-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
True... but your probably better off at the library if you are willing to get a used one. Personally, I do NOT buy pbooks any more. Excepting programming and computer books. And even those I usually buy as ebook (PDF) if I can, it's cheaper, I can search in them and I am usually reading them while at the PC.

BOb
Well, of course, its not available at my library, or any of the 7 its associated with. As a matter of fact, in e-book format, none of his works are listed, adobe or mobipocket or anything else. In paper books section, there are very few of his works. I was raised in an era where libraries carried books......stacks and stacks of books. Today, you compete with computers, meeting rooms, and food centers, for cryin' out loud. Does anyone else have fond memories of spending time amongst the stack browsing by catagory? If a book was out, you could reserve it, but by golly you can bet your boots, they had a copy. Guess I'll have to build my own freakin' library. Paper AND E-Book..........