Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
rubbercow
rubbercow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Reducing Paperwhite Glowlight/Screensaver Timeout?

Has anyone figured out how to reduce the glowlight/screensaver timeout on the Paperwhite?
rubbercow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #2
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
You posted your question 8 months ago so it's surprising you haven't gotten even 1 response. I looked through all the files in the PW's directories but could not find anything that I thought might contain a line saying something like: "timeout = 10" (I timed it and that's how many minutes it takes.) My search was as "root" so I was even able to get at the files beneath /mnt/us.
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
There where some recent (within past week or two) posts on adjusting and controlling the time-out values.

Sorry, I don't have any links.
Hmm.... But I seem to recall that NiLuJe commented on some of them, a search of his recent posts might yield a link to the threads.

- - - -

And thanks for taking the time to find one of the "reply 0" posts here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Check the powerd kdb keys, it's the t1 timeout. No answers because the elektra+ro rootfs+cramfs combo make this somewhat non-trivial to tweak on the PW, and I try to avoid handing newbies a BFG to shoot themselves with .

Never bothered to check if there was a 'softer' way to tweak it (via lipc?), as was discussed recently, like knc1 said .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-30-2013 at 02:15 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glowlight, kindle, paperwhite, screensaver, timeout