Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-31-2017, 01:08 PM   #286
dbillmanql
dbillmanql began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
JimmXinu,

I will try what you suggest. I will also try to get the epubs posted somewhere. The original ebpubs were created using Chrome plugin ePubPress.
dbillmanql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:33 PM   #287
dbillmanql
dbillmanql began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
JimmXinu,

That worked. I converted the book from an epub to an epub.

Thanks
dbillmanql is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2017, 02:47 AM   #288
dsinger66
dsinger66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Malwarebytes flagging EpubMerge as ransomware

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 on a Dell computer.

I have Malwarebytes (Premium) version 3.1.2.

I just updated Calibre to the most recent version as of July 3, 2017 (11:20 PM, Pacific Time).

Then I went to Preferences-->Plugins in Calibre, and I tried to install the EpubMerge plugin. Malwarebytes flagged it as Ransomware, and put my Calibre.exe file in the Malwarebytes Quarantine. So, of course, Calibre does not open at all.

I know Calbre.exe is not malware, so I am removing Calibre.exe from the quarantine. But then I am uninstalling the EpubMerge plugin to be on the safe side.

I searched the forum for this issue, but did not see it. Apologies if somebody has already posted about it.

Sincerely,
dsinger66
dsinger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:07 AM   #289
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I installed version 2.2.1 of Epubsplit this morning

On Calibre 32 bit version 3.2.1, on Windows 10 Pro version 1607, with MB Pro version: 3.1.2.1733/CP version: 1.0.141/UP 1.0.2287

Nothing from MB, Quarantine empty

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-04-2017 at 03:10 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:06 PM   #290
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Well, I certainly didn't put any ransomware in EpubMerge. The only changes from the previous version are the version number and updated translations.

So it is my opinion that you have a false positive from your malware detector. You should have a mechanism to be able to whitelist the file and (hopefully) report the false positive back to the software maker.

FYI, it's best to report issues with plugins in their respective threads. It was only chance that I happened to see this thread.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2017, 06:21 PM   #291
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Well, I certainly didn't put any ransomware in EpubMerge. The only changes from the previous version are the version number and updated translations.
Last three posts merged, should have done it yesterday but I... er, couldn't be bothered

MB are pretty good with handling false positives. I've had two since this recent outbreak of ransomware hobgoblins, on both occasions they've gone within 24 hours.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #292
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Can't Marge Epubs Without Losing Images?

*headdesk*

I need to merge two epubs. I used the plugin. I ended up with the wrong cover and wrong order of articles. I eventually managed to fix the cover and the order of articles, but lost 4 embedded jpgs. And my epub reader on the computer can't go from one article to another any more.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 04:39 PM   #293
hope729
hope729 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Question Stuck Again

I have 6 books in a series, mobi format for Kindle. I want to merge them all together into an omnibus. Downloaded the Merge ePub plug-in but first of all, I'm not getting the options to select books. The second problem is I'm wondering if, provided I finally manage to merge all 6 books into one, I can convert that merged book into mobi.

As always, your help is greatly appreciated.
hope729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:09 PM   #294
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Convert the mobi files to epubs. Then you can merge them. After merging, convert the omnibus back to mobi.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:11 PM   #295
hope729

Okay thanks. I thought I did convert them all to epub but will try again.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #296
hope729

Just went in & looked again & all 6 of the books show both epub and mobi. ??? What should I do?
Old 08-01-2017, 05:16 PM   #297
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Select the books manually, then click on the plugin and you will get the option to merge them.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #298
hope729

From what I've Googled, there's supposed to be a box that pops up & tells me to select books etc but I don't get that. I changed my settings to enable popups just in case but still nothing. So when I try to merge the books, it tells me that I don't have two books selected.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:23 PM   #299
hope729

Thanks. I don't know how to select more than one book. I tried holding down the control key & the alt.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #300
hope729

Got it! I added the series title & numbered all 6 of the books, thwn clicked on the series tab & it arranged them from 1-6. Yay! Thanks so much.

Tags
calibre, combine books, epubmerge, make collection, merge epub, merge epubs