Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Canon camera manual watermark

The good news is the Canon camera manuals are perfect for the iLiad. No zooming or panning required. One of the reasons (or was it justifications) for buying the iLiad, was to be able to carry the manuals with lists of impossible to memorize custom settings used by modern high end digital cameras on the device.

Now my question. The pdf displays on the iliad with a large grey watermark that reads "Copy" across every page. Ive checked the pdf on my laptop and see no watermark. I deleted it off the iLiad and recopied it, still displays with the watermark. I tried synchronizing with the companion software rather than just copying it over, still the watermark is there. The watermark does not obscure the text but it annoys me and I would like to get rid of it and would like to know where it comes from.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
Now my question. The pdf displays on the iliad with a large grey watermark that reads "Copy" across every page. Ive checked the pdf on my laptop and see no watermark. I deleted it off the iLiad and recopied it, still displays with the watermark. I tried synchronizing with the companion software rather than just copying it over, still the watermark is there. The watermark does not obscure the text but it annoys me and I would like to get rid of it and would like to know where it comes from.
Oh I had the same problem a year ago. It's somewhere here on mobileread. As I remember the Canon's manuals have a watermark which is set as "visible only at printing", but all open source pdf viewers show this watermark when opening.
I solved this by savíng the pdf in Acrobat with setting "compatible with Acrobat 4".
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2007, 04:38 AM   #3
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Thanks

Thanks for that, at least I can now put it out of my mind.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote